Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Oh,I like that!..and i dont even drive. :D

A friend of mine has the regular fiat 500 and hates it,Says its so under powered and struggles to get up hill but not sure what she was expecting to be honest as its what 68hp?

But yeah love that Abarth!

Strange, when my missus had one I thought it was a right little nippy thing, and that was the 1.2. Maybe something is wrong with the car?

Associate
Well the little Abarth is 6 seconds faster than a Porsche Boxster S and 13 seconds faster than a Lotus Elise SC round Nurburgring so they did something right when they made this car. 36 seconds faster than the 408bhp BMW X6 xDrive50i.

Only 22 seconds slower than a Ford Mustang GT Mark 6

Do you have a link for that? I'm seeing the arbath as 0-60 of 8 seconds, can't see that beating a 300bhp car with a 0-60 just over 5s and nearly double the bhp. Weight will help to a degree, but not that much. Unless there is another version of the arbath with more than 140 bhp.

Edit
If it is the 140bhp, then all the lap times I've found are significantly slower for the arbath in afraid.
Nurburgring ring
Cayman S 8:06 vs 9:03 for the Punto Arbarh Evo

I'm sure it's a good car, but lets keep things in perspective

Last edited:
Soldato
But why don't you drive?!

Like mentioned by Giraffe,Not everyone drives. :confused:

I dont drive simply because of nerves,I would never pass a test with my nerves,Safer (for everyone) for me to push bike or catch the bus. :p

Of course its a disadvantage not driving but it doesn't stop me getting around at all,Plenty of public transport where i live.
Still doesnt mean i dont like looking at cars though. ;)

Soldato
TBH, if you lived in london, you are better off not driving. I didnt drive till i was 26 and that is because i never had a need to and it was an expense that would not save me any time or be more convenient than public transport. The only places i would drive to was work, which was 5 mins walk away and the pub, which i cannot drive back from. I drive a fair bit now i am going fishing with a lot of gear and end up in more remote parts of the country.

Caporegime
Do you have a link for that? I'm seeing the arbath as 0-60 of 8 seconds, can't see that beating a 300bhp car with a 0-60 just over 5s and nearly double the bhp. Weight will help to a degree, but not that much. Unless there is another version of the arbath with more than 140 bhp.

Edit
If it is the 140bhp, then all the lap times I've found are significantly slower for the arbath in afraid.
Nurburgring ring
Cayman S 8:06 vs 9:03 for the Punto Arbarh Evo

I'm sure it's a good car, but lets keep things in perspective

The abrath 0-60 is 6.6s not 8s

8:29 for the abrath and 8:35 for the boxster S

http://fastestlaps.com/models/abarth-500-esseesse
http://fastestlaps.com/models/porsche-boxster-s-987-987-295-ps

The BMW M135i is only 8:05

Its a cracking little pocket rocket of a car.

Soldato
Turnigy GoPro clone. Couldn't say no for £30

27924137153_c7a1bd8317_c.jpg

Not quite old enough to be classed as Vintage but quite a rare NIB Yokomo MR4 BX Factory Spec kit. Having a dilemma whether to break the seal.
28539897565_63ea3d8046_c.jpg

Soldato
Just to be clear, is it an 500 Abarth with the 1.4 140bhp engine?

Or something more special?

Its the 595 Turismo, 165hp.

Its more the delivery of the power I think that makes it fun, it pulls like a nippy 1.4 should until the turbo kicks in, then pulls a hell of a lot harder quite quickly.

Plus makes a few nice pops and bangs, not too much or too loud to get annoying and the interior is absolutely spot on. Corners like a champ too.

Of course its not a supercar, but for a couple of years old and sub £11k its great fun.

Soldato
Its the 595 Turismo, 165hp.

Its more the delivery of the power I think that makes it fun, it pulls like a nippy 1.4 should until the turbo kicks in, then pulls a hell of a lot harder quite quickly.

Plus makes a few nice pops and bangs, not too much or too loud to get annoying and the interior is absolutely spot on. Corners like a champ too.

Of course its not a supercar, but for a couple of years old and sub £11k its great fun.

New exhaust with sports cat and remap can see 185hp+ ;)

Great little cars, love them. Some people have gone all out on bigger turbos with intercoolers for well over 200hp, must be mental and understeer like a female dog!

Soldato
New exhaust with sports cat and remap can see 185hp+ ;)

Great little cars, love them. Some people have gone all out on bigger turbos with intercoolers for well over 200hp, must be mental and understeer like a female dog!

I think the monza exhaust pack would be the only thing I'd go for tbh, power just feels fine and cant see me wanting more for a good while. First job is getting the stone chips sorted and all the wheels refurbed as they dont look great :(

Soldato
Well the little Abarth is 6 seconds faster than a Porsche Boxster S and 13 seconds faster than a Lotus Elise SC round Nurburgring so they did something right when they made this car. 36 seconds faster than the 408bhp BMW X6 xDrive50i.

This is better than those depth of field posts :D

Was the man/women in the Boxster S blindfolded?

Soldato
Associate

The abrath 0-60 is 6.6s not 8s

8:29 for the abrath and 8:35 for the boxster S

http://fastestlaps.com/models/abarth-500-esseesse
http://fastestlaps.com/models/porsche-boxster-s-987-987-295-ps

The BMW M135i is only 8:05

Its a cracking little pocket rocket of a car.

The website is made from people's time submissions. You can select a 987 Cayman S and the Arbath EsseEsse version and it will show the average times of the tracks that they have both completed. There are 7 and the porsche has the fastest time on 6 by a hefty margin and loses 1 track by 0.5s.

You need to compare times of similar drivers. My time is a mclaren P1 would be slower than the Arbath (driven by anyone who has driven on tracks before probably), but that doesn't make it a slower car. The Cayman is 9 seconds a lap faster than the Arbath esse version on the top gear test track, so not sure I believe the Arbath would be faster on a track with longer straights that would favour the more powerful engine over light weight.

Edit
Also the 'boxster S' time you quote actually gives the stats and picture of a non-S boxster so has named wrongly. The same website lists the Cayman S as 8:06 (23s faster than the Arbath 500 you refer to)

Last edited:
Man of Honour

But would I be able to get a 3000 watt PA, two guitars, amp, leads, stands & mixer into it?

Back
Top Bottom