*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
Haven't actually tried (or needed) to pair 2 Play 1s, but I am happy with the sound quality of a Play 5 (original). I have one in one room, and - especially with Deezer Elite (or other higher quality files) it can produce a very decent sound.
That said, the Ones do a job in 4 other rooms, and I am very pleased with them - for me, it was always the Play 3 that was a little 'stuck-in-the-middle'?

Now, the Playbar and Sub - very nice, and certainly livens up Corrie and Eastenders :D

Soldato
My new Play 1 just arrived that I bought last week using the Spotify discount. I might pair it with one of my other Play 1s before I set it up in it's designated location to see what they sound like. Never bothered to pair them before.

Associate
I just got a second 2nd Gen Play 5.. crikey.

I was such a snob about sound, but for pure impact these speakers are stunning. Its so good that even the missus is impressed. I used that spotify 20% off voucher to get my 2nd 5. Really impressed. The bass is just lovely and deep. I don't think there is a need for the Sonos sub really the sound is lush for me.

Soldato
Added a Play:3 to my setup. Now I have two Play:1's in stereo for the kitchen and the Play:3 in the bedroom.

Also, Amazed how good having them in stereo is.

20160715_203147.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I have 3 play 1's, love them, all in different rooms, more than loud enough for my needs, problem is I am now thinking I want more for other rooms, turning into an addiction

Associate
Got a Play 1 last month, now hooked on Sonos :)

Just received my new Play 5 Gen 2 for the living room, got the turntable hooked up to it through the line-in for house-wide vinyl loveliness, and the Play 1 now lives in the kitchen, with another coming for the bedroom.

I'm running a music server on an old Sony laptop hardwired into the router, running the Sonos desktop client. Got my Amazon Prime account, stepsons Spotify Premium, and TuneIn radio rounds it off nicely.

Soldato
Bought a Play 1 yesterday to replace an old Pure DAB radio. My mate's got a couple already so I know how good they are. I already had the app installed to use at his house so I know the basics of it pretty much. However, when you are listening to the radio is there any way to see the artist/title on the lock screen without me having to unlock my phone all the time? Mine just shows the controls and location of the speaker and it's getting slightly annoying when I hear a new song and I have to unlock the phone.

Caporegime
The info and controls on the lock screen has only recently been added (on iOS anyway) so its in its infancy, I think mine just shows the station too, haven't seen a workaround.

Soldato
I bought the Play 1 pair on Sunday. Should hopefully be delivered tomorrow.

The one thing i found on reviews is that having just one Play 1 in the room (and putting the other in another room) does affect the sound quality and its better to keep them both in a single room. Can you comment on this?

Disagree.....unless your a nerdy audiophile.
I have a play1 in living room and another in bedroom. Both sound wicked.
I do, however want another pair so i can have a stereo setup in the living room which will obviously improve the sound space. The other will go in the kitchen.

Soldato
I recently got the sound bar to go with my 2 play1's. I'm looking to wall mount it, it would be in an enclave but have more than 2ft space either side of it. Would this impact the sound?

Another question. I can get 5.1 from the TV, Tivo and PS4 when gaming but not on PS4 when watching a Blu Ray. Any idea?

Associate
I recently got the sound bar to go with my 2 play1's. I'm looking to wall mount it, it would be in an enclave but have more than 2ft space either side of it. Would this impact the sound?

Another question. I can get 5.1 from the TV, Tivo and PS4 when gaming but not on PS4 when watching a Blu Ray. Any idea?

I'm interested to know what TV you're using because not many pass 5.1 through Optical. My current LG does this fine but it's only 32" so I'm in desperate need of an upgrade to circa 48-50" (no space for anything bigger)

Re. the PS4 and Blu Rays, I've never used a PS4 but I think you need to change audio output to PCM or Bitstream or something like that. I'm sure if you google it, there will be some instructions from someone who has actually used a PS4, rather than me guessing! You could try looking on the sonos community forums - most questions seem to have been answered on there.

Caporegime
I can't understand buying the soundbar, that thing needs an overhaul so badly - it doesn't even take HDMI inputs or deal with HD formats which is shameful for the money. Hell it doesn't even do DTS iirc. Just DD 5.1 over optical.

Soldato
I'm interested to know what TV you're using because not many pass 5.1 through Optical. My current LG does this fine but it's only 32" so I'm in desperate need of an upgrade to circa 48-50" (no space for anything bigger)

Re. the PS4 and Blu Rays, I've never used a PS4 but I think you need to change audio output to PCM or Bitstream or something like that. I'm sure if you google it, there will be some instructions from someone who has actually used a PS4, rather than me guessing! You could try looking on the sonos community forums - most questions seem to have been answered on there.

I know, appears to be a rareity. I've got the Sony KDL50W829B. Yeah I've changed those settings and games are great in 5.1 its only when I play Blu Rays on the PS4 it appears to go back to stereo. Yeah had a look but couldnt find this issue.

Soldato
got a couple of play 1's. Just started getting into spotify as well - however, i'm utterly dismayed to find that i can't 'cast' to my sonos directly from the spotify app.

Instead I have to use the spotify tab of the sonos app..and the sonos app doesn't let me browse by artist!!

This has put a major bump in my musical road, The only work around i have is to manually click 'save' on every ALBUM in my spotify saved artists. Then in the sonos app i can view by album but they are at least ordered artist by artist.

Is this some kind of licensing issue? I cannot understand why this feature isn't implemented.

Caporegime
Out of interest, how do you connect chromecast to multiple speakers in multiple rooms, and manage playing different songs/playlists on each and/or then merge rooms to play the same music on the fly?

Snow Patrol. Have a look into seeing if you can sign up to Sonos Beta.

Back
Top Bottom