• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** TODAY ONLY: GTX 1070 DELIVERED FOR £359.99 Inc. VAT !! **

Caporegime
I have the money and I would like one...

But they are overpriced and I will wait for now :)

If they were £300 I'd probably snag one.

Exactly.

Buy at £400 and next gen it's £450... Prices will not stop going up by £50 each gen unless we simply stop buying.

In this way nVidia is like a child.. if you don't set boundaries, they will keep trying to get away with more and more.

Soldato
I have the money and I would like one...

But they are overpriced and I will wait for now :)

If they were £300 I'd probably snag one.

Yeah after a bit of reflection I feel the same. This special offer is a decent deal with current pricing levels, but the whole pricing structure of the current generation of cards is overpriced.

I think I'll get a low-mid priced 1060 (I currently have GTX 660 so need something to replace it). I know it's an inferior card to the 1070 and also overpriced. But I can't justify the extra £100+ to jump to a 1070. And certainly not one with just a 2 year warranty (I don't upgrade my GPU that frequently).

Soldato
Yeah after a bit of reflection I feel the same. This special offer is a decent deal with current pricing levels, but the whole pricing structure of the current generation of cards is overpriced.

I think I'll get a low-mid priced 1060 (I currently have GTX 660 so need something to replace it). I know it's an inferior card to the 1070 and also overpriced. But I can't justify the extra £100+ to jump to a 1070. And certainly not one with just a 2 year warranty (I don't upgrade my GPU that frequently).

I would pick up a second hand 970 or something if I were you.

Can be had very cheap now and still a great card.

Soldato
I would pick up a second hand 970 or something if I were you.

Can be had very cheap now and still a great card.

Possibly. I don't have access to the Members Market here yet though and I've lost all trust in eBay these days. I had hoped new 970s might drop more in price than they have, but they're at a price point where they don't make much sense compared to the cheaper 1060s.

Caporegime

If you don't upgrade that frequently the card to get is 1070 then...

Caporegime
If rate was as pre-brexit, 1.45 we'd be able to go a further 10-12% lower. :(

I know :( ..and all forecasts predicted 1.55+ if we voted to remain so you probably could have done even more .

I thought remain would win so was seriously expecting these to start nearer the £300 mark. Nevermind !

I guess you have to be pretty careful now, what with the pound being so fragile at the moment.

Caporegime
lets not do this ayy

next it will be brexit and everything basically we waiting for the newer 10 cards to come in so the " proper pricing " returns.they all cards will sit in the right pricing brackets levels they should have been.

which is £300 for a 1070 and £400-£450 for a 1080.

then again what we have learnt from this is the prices will be stupid regardless.i guess we will see when the new titan drops and the 1080 ti which should be at the 1080 now price but we know that aint going to happen.

realistically it should be

1070 £300 -£350
1080 £400 - £450
1080 ti £500-£600
titan £800 -£900

that was the basic old structure of pricing before the lets add this on and oh the pound went this or that and add any excuse to add a few hundred on LOL.

Will never happen. I cant see the exchange rate going back to where it was for several years now.

oh and the 1080ti was never going to be £500-£600. Nvidia have released it but called it a Titan x this time and charging £1200 for it :p

Soldato
Great price!!, but i feel that ive held out this long i might as well wait a few weeks more for the more mainstream manufacture cards to come down in price to their RRP

Palit are one of the few companies that deal in £ rather than $, so existing stock wasn't adversely affected by the change in exchange rate. I can't see many, if any of them coming down any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom