**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Soldato
My phone keeps locking me out whenever I leave my phone turned off for a few minutes. Any idea whats causing this?

Locking you out as in it won't accept a fingerprint? Assuming Samsung use Marshmallow's fingerprint API that's normally due to a number of erroneous fingerprints (accidentally touching the sensor with your hand while it's in a pocket for example) or if the phone has restarted.

Associate
Is there anyway of adjusting the keyboard for likes of the bay and Facebook? The box you type in on the iPhone expands as you type and is easy to scroll through but this is a single line and difficult to scroll through.

Soldato
One issue after another.

Finger print thing is sorted out, not sure what happened but re did my fingerprint and its working fine.

Now, I have black bars going across my screen when I adjust my brightness, similar to the issues seen here - Link

Anyone else had this issue?

Soldato
Mine feels fine since July patch, if anything battery actually improved since. Most likely be one particular app causing the trouble. Managed to get a little over 9 hours screen time using it for Web browsing/WhatsApp yesterday at home before needing to charge it :)

I've checked and friends s7 edge and speed wise it's exactly the same. She said she's noticed a performance hit since July patch. The s7 edge use to be silky smooth. Now performance isn't what it should be from a flagship phone. I'm sure they'very throttled fps on new update

Last edited:
Soldato
What sort of performance loss? Only in the launcher or whilst using apps?

In regards to my performance loss it's a drop in fps when scrolling down long pages with lots of graphics on them in apps like chrome, amazon, ebay and switching between apps in adroid OS. Before the July update it use to scroll silky smooth at around 30fps. Now it's about 10-15 fps. Have noticed a slight improvement in battery life though.

Soldato
Associate
whats the Antenna like for this phone? living where i live signal is hard to come by.. My old sony xperia z2 was getting 4g no probs but my new HTC 10 doesnt seem to pick it up in certain areas which i assume is an antenna issue. Due to upgrade in the next month so thinking about what i want to do!

Associate
This is a great card but for £35 you can get a 128GB card.

SanDisk Ultra Android 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 Memory Card + SD Adapter up to 80 Mbps, Frustration Free Packaging https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013UDL58E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.IiMxbH9XVJPB

SanDisk Ultra Android 128 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 Memory Card and SD Adapter up to 80 Mbps (Frustration Free Packaging) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013UDL5HU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_zJiMxbJVCA1DZ

thanks went for the 64gb as 128 too big for my needs

Soldato
Does anyone know how I can get iOS style lock screen notifications for apps such as whatsapp? The ones I have at the moment looks like this on the right: http://i.imgur.com/vaNOZrk.jpg which isn't really what I want. I just want a message preview like the iPhone has, rather than an active chat window.

Ignore that, I got it, but I'm looking to make the screen turn on to show the notification when I get it, if that makes sense.. At the moment when I get a whatsapp message, I only see it when I physically press to show the lock screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've a SanDisk 128GB the same as the above and just lately it's at a crawling 5Mb/s speed.. Saving videos taken with the camera is ridiculously slow! Anybody else had this?

EDIT: Benched it and it does 30Mb/s read and 3Mb/s write...

Last edited:
Soldato
I've a SanDisk 128GB the same as the above and just lately it's at a crawling 5Mb/s speed.. Saving videos taken with the camera is ridiculously slow! Anybody else had this?

EDIT: Benched it and it does 30Mb/s read and 3Mb/s write...

I've just benched mine, 70MB read and 18MB write, quite poor write speeds tbh!

Back
Top Bottom