Audi owners in here!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29786003 said:
I'd m much rather have an RS4 than an RS3 for all of those reasons. It's generationally the same as the RS3 anyway so feels no older inside. Infact it seems just better all round.

Frankly the RS4 is a great example of a car that illustrates whats wrong with the RS3.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?

For all its' flaws the RS3 is still a beast to own, I've not read or heard a bad review from owners 3 years+. If you were to have the new RS3 it's a 'no brainer' over the RS4 (B7). Biggest advantage with the Mk1 RS3 is automatic, though it will never quite roar like a throaty V8 on steroids!

nas

nas

Associate
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?

For all its' flaws the RS3 is still a beast to own, I've not read or heard a bad review from owners 3 years+. If you were to have the new RS3 it's a 'no brainer' over the RS4 (B7). Biggest advantage with the Mk1 RS3 is automatic, though it will never quite roar like a throaty V8 on steroids!

It effectively Has the same interior, only minor cosmetic updates.

Associate
I'm not an owner yet but I have been looking into it for a while now.

I have a soft spot for the A7 but they only seem to come in auto which I'm not a huge fan of. Other than that I've seen a few nice 2015/16 A5 Sportbacks. When I'm back in the UK over xmas I'll be heading to the local Audi dealer in Norwich/Swindon to get a closer look / get a feel.

I have another 18 months or so left here in Cyprus and I'll be needing a decent car for a young family when I get back!

Man of Honour
I personally have never driven an auto so I'd struggle, that's the only thing stopping me from seriously considering it :(

How would you 'struggle'? It's really not hard to drive an automatic - if you genuinely would struggle to drive it then you probably need a Ford Ka not an Audi A7.

Nobody wants a large luxury car with a manual gearbox. What on earth is the point? It isn't engaging, it isn't sporty to drive and you don't take it out to clip apex's on your favourite B road. So that leaves only the other reason for a manual gearbox - its cheap - which doesn't apply to a car in this market.

Associate
[TW]Fox;29800387 said:
How would you 'struggle'? It's really not hard to drive an automatic - if you genuinely would struggle to drive it then you probably need a Ford Ka not an Audi A7.

Nobody wants a large luxury car with a manual gearbox. What on earth is the point? It isn't engaging, it isn't sporty to drive and you don't take it out to clip apex's on your favourite B road. So that leaves only the other reason for a manual gearbox - its cheap - which doesn't apply to a car in this market.

It wouldn't really be a struggle, just a change from the norm as I've only driven manuals for the last 10/11 years. I suppose you could say I fear change ;)

I also have to think of my family now is it won't just be me in the car any more, but I also still want to have a car that looks nice and moves when I put my foot down, which is why I've been swaying more towards the A5 rather than the A7 :)

Man of Honour
An A5 manual will be a fairly nasty thing, it's an increasingly ageing car anyway and the manuals tend to be the bargain bucket models with crap engines and poor spec.

It's a great 10-15k car but it's very disappointing for bigger budgets.

Soldato
Soldato
The A7 3.0tdi will shift - my dad has the A8 3.0tdi with the same engine/gearbox (ZF8) and whilst it isn't a rocket ship it does get going for such a large car and the gearbox is excellent in manual mode

I believe they do an A7 ultra 3.0tdi tho I'm not sure about that one

Soldato
So my A3 is in the dealer's for a few days getting a rattle fixed and they have given me an A6. It's absolutely massive. I would not want to drive a manual one. Shame it isn't a 3.0 TDI though.

Soldato
Just wondering, has anyone had their fuel tank leak after overfilling it?
I properly brimmed my 2009 Q7 right to the top and parked up for a couple of hours straight afterwards.
When I came back there was a nice pool of diesel in the parking space under it.
I spoke to my mechanic and he says sometimes it can leak out of tank breathers, anyone else experienced the same?
I'm hoping it's just bad luck due to a combination of utterly brimming it and parking up straight away.

Cheers

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I *think* I've had it once with my A6 but I'm not sure. Sorry :p

FWIW, I always brim it. Today I just put in 83L and parked it. I believe the tank holds 80L..
I'll check the parents-in-laws' driveway tomorrow and report back!

Caporegime
Got round to ordering my new car finally.

Really REALLY wanted to justify the S3 Saloon, but I just couldn't make even the man-maths work. A house purchase and a wedding so far this year have taken their toll on my wallet.

Thought long and hard about an A6, but the fact that they are all diesel, coupled with the fact that our driveway isn't exactly the longest thing in the world (only just fits my A4 and the wife's 316ti nose to tail), I ruled that out also.

Really wanted to like the new A4, but after spending a day in one, I just couldn't get used to either the interior layout, or the fact that the stupid "ipad on the dash" approach was adopted for the infotainment screen. They are also horrendously expensive to spec up at the moment.

So given my penchant for saloons over coupés that only really left me with one choice, and this was is:

MY2017 A3 Saloon S Line 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic
Daytona Grey Pearlescent Effect
Rotor Grey Fine Nappa Leather
Technology Pack
Heated Front Seats
Auto-Dimming Rear-View Mirror
Advanced Key
Audi Connect Infotainment Services
Audi Phone Box with Wireless Charging
Audi Parking System Plus
Hill Hold Assist
S Line Sports Suspension (25mm lower)

Should hopefully collect at the end of October.

Ended up going through CarWow who came within 2% of the quotes I was getting from Broadspeed and DTD, but without all that faffing about not being able to do a trade-in with DTD.

Back
Top Bottom