Summer Transfer Window 2016/17 - Rumours & Signings

Don
Hmm, how to take that response .... :D

To be expected.

You should take it exactly how it was said. If you genuinely wanted to make a suggestion as to how things are done then please do so via the forum content discussion section. It was set up to give members a chance to raise issues they may have without them derailing threads, as you're doing now.

Soldato
Seems that Pogba is done. One more signing and we should have a team capable of challenging for the title hopefully.

Look at the mountain of players JM wants to leave before the window closes (if the rumours are true)....including some notable youngsters

Man of Honour
Craig Norwood, the Man Utd press photographer, is now following Pogba on Twitter. While this may sound pathetic, he generally only does this when a transfer is finalised. He's done the same for our other signings so far this summer, and he sometimes makes announcements too.

So, assuming it goes ahead, am I happy? Very.

We can afford it, and clubs will always try and take us to the cleaners, so the fee doesn't bother me. It's roughly the equivalent of what we spent on Rio, in relation to our finances then, compared to now.

Pogba can play more or less anywhere in midfield, he has a very complete skill set, admittedly geared towards attacking, but he's a huge presence. Not only this, he's a very marketable player and will probably be the face of French football for the foreseeable future, this all has to be taken into account.

There's no reason he won't improve and become even better, he can be the driving force in our midfield for the best part of the next decade. His technical ability, speed and strength are all excellent. His finishing, crossing, long range shots and passing range are all very impressive as you'd expect.

Ultimately, it will come down to how he performs. Being a world record transfer will obviously bring a lot of pressure. If he plays as we know he can, that will fade into the past, but if not, it'll be a nightmare for him with the press here.

Soldato
Ultimately, it will come down to how he performs. Being a world record transfer will obviously bring a lot of pressure. If he plays as we know he can, that will fade into the past, but if not, it'll be a nightmare for him with the press here.

Considering the amount agreed to pay for Martial last summer (admittedly there will be a bigger % paid upfront for Pogba) but majority of people then were saying that was a crazy amount, but now after just one season its a lot less amazing when looking at his performance levels week in week out.

The ego will cope with being the most expensive footballer (for at least one season at any rate), thats the bit Im really not worried about.

a lot of the big stars didnt really show up at the Euros , again Im not that bothered to be honest.

The only slight concern is the competitiveness of the EPL vs Serie A, which cant really be quantified - its just a question of how quickly he adjusts, as the team really needs this to happen quickly (and to a lesser extent with Miki also).

Even given how young and relatively speaking in-experienced, Im not so bothered about the press - he appears to be the kind of charachter (back to that ego) that will just ignore any bad press and want to prove them wrong.

Man of Honour
Even given how young and relatively speaking in-experienced, Im not so bothered about the press - he appears to be the kind of charachter (back to that ego) that will just ignore any bad press and want to prove them wrong.

I agree, I think he'll do well.

Caporegime
Mahrez to be announced in next 48 hours apparently.

I'll believe it when I actually see him in Arsenal kit lol. Too many times been let down with people saying its a done deal etc etc.

Looks like we are having a gander at Mustafi to replace BFG as he's out for a few mths. German international as well, not sure how good he is but at least we are looking at replacements for BFG.

Heard Coquelin is being played at CB for the time being, we have a pre season game tonight so that should be somewhat interesting.

Soldato
Craig Norwood, the Man Utd press photographer, is now following Pogba on Twitter. While this may sound pathetic, he generally only does this when a transfer is finalised. He's done the same for our other signings so far this summer, and he sometimes makes announcements too.

So, assuming it goes ahead, am I happy? Very.

We can afford it, and clubs will always try and take us to the cleaners, so the fee doesn't bother me. It's roughly the equivalent of what we spent on Rio, in relation to our finances then, compared to now.

Pogba can play more or less anywhere in midfield, he has a very complete skill set, admittedly geared towards attacking, but he's a huge presence. Not only this, he's a very marketable player and will probably be the face of French football for the foreseeable future, this all has to be taken into account.

There's no reason he won't improve and become even better, he can be the driving force in our midfield for the best part of the next decade. His technical ability, speed and strength are all excellent. His finishing, crossing, long range shots and passing range are all very impressive as you'd expect.

I feel the complete opposite. Paying £110m or whatever the final price is for a still incomplete player is just plain crazy. If we are the only team in the running (Assuming Madrid are no longer interested) why is the price going up all the time :confused: Whether we can afford it or not we are overpaying by a massive amount. Chelsea got a far far better deal in buying Kante for £32m.

Back
Top Bottom