Good lease deals on less than great cars

Soldato
I am happy to introduce you on the following basis:

1: You want a Polo GTi
2: You are ready to sign up
3: You are happy that the options are 3 or 5 door, DSG or Manual

If all you want to do is ponder and simply have a conversation then no. If you have exhausted your options and want to join us cool kids in a Polo GTi then send me a message and I will hook you up but please consider 1 to 3 above.

But what is the deal?

Man of Honour
Decent, I posted a slightly more expensive deal on the same car a couple of days ago, which tempted me.

£5160 over 2 years, quite tempting

Looks like one of the most expensive deals on that car - they were cheaper a while back. It needs to be a proper bargain to be worth considering as it's really not a very good trim level/engine combination.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29834937 said:
Looks like one of the most expensive deals on that car - they were cheaper a while back. It needs to be a proper bargain to be worth considering as it's really not a very good trim level/engine combination.

But this is considered a proper bargain...

2 years
1400ish down
160ish per
+ fee for sorting

£5080ish with 5k limit pa

Man of Honour
But this is considered a proper bargain...

£5080ish with 5k limit pa

What do you want?

You can spend your life analysing a spreadsheet and worrying about a tenner here and there, or you can jump in and get a car. This place provides great advice, but there comes a point where you need to decide what you want.

This is why I don't link loads of people up with mates who can sort stuff. Nothing winds them up more than people talking about a tenner for 2 months. The deal on the Polo is as good as any and unlike most, real with cars incoming with dates.

"How much are your apples mate?"

"A pound"

"A POUND!!! Down the road they are 75p"

"Well why didn't you buy one there?"

"He's got none"

"Well when I've got none mine are 75p"

Leasing summed up.

Man of Honour
I was stating it wasn't a deal in reply to Fox saying the A4 wasn't a good deal. I think it's a good deal, just like I said the A4 was a good deal.

Wind your neck in!

So you want one then?

I'm trying to help here, but won't waste peoples time. Mileage profiles can be what you want them to be.

Man of Honour
Thanks for posting the deal, I didn't want to waste your time by asking for your mates details before I knew what the deal was!!!!

Personally think the A4 is a better deal.

Mate don't take it to heart. It's why I said you need to be sure you want a Polo, it's not skin off my nose but this thread is a great example of belly button pondering, it was a general point not aimed at you. Hope you enjoy the A4, new one is good compared to the other ones, but 1.4 is a small lump for a big car, they are big.

Soldato
Mate don't take it to heart. It's why I said you need to be sure you want a Polo, it's not skin off my nose but this thread is a great example of belly button pondering, it was a general point not aimed at you. Hope you enjoy the A4, new one is good compared to the other ones, but 1.4 is a small lump for a big car, they are big.

If it's the same engine in my fathers Leon estate, I really like it. Will probably sort out a test drive this weekend though to make sure it's not restricted in the A4.

Man of Honour
Well I had a 2L Petrol one for a week a few weeks back and did around 1000 miles in it. I thought it was a significant improvement over the previous versions. It was nicely specced and I thought the new infotainmentnavthing was good, same one in the new R8 but prefer the bigger screen in the A4. Rode really well which Audi's usually suck at and though the steering was still lacking feel and the brakes were still over servoed it was a nice car to do miles in.

Associate
Little Smart car (1.0 Passion) for £93 a month (x24, rather than a bigger initial payment) looks like cheap motoring!

http://www.mad-sheep.co.uk/personal...city-car/fortwo-coupe-10-passion-2dr-96962840

That seems cheap. Works out to be £107.76 when the admin fee is taken into account.

Similar deals

Yes Lease 9x23 at £68.93 (Admin: £358)

Gateway2Lease 9x23 at £71.99 (Admin: £180)

Select Car Leasing 9x23 at £82.99 (Admin: ~£234 - They don't advertise it but it's what I quoted when I applied for a different car a month ago)

Ian

Ian

Associate
Hi All,

Ive been looking at the lease idea for a while as i really cant find anything interesting to replace the ST with. What does everyone think of this?

Audi A7 Sportback Special Editions 3.0T FSI Quattro Black Edition 5dr S Tronic

£420 a month plus £3700 up front for 2 years and 10k miles

Cheers
Ian

Soldato
Hi All,

Ive been looking at the lease idea for a while as i really cant find anything interesting to replace the ST with. What does everyone think of this?

Audi A7 Sportback Special Editions 3.0T FSI Quattro Black Edition 5dr S Tronic

£420 a month plus £3700 up front for 2 years and 10k miles

Cheers
Ian

£0.69/mile feels like an awful lot to me. Maybe worth considering doing PCP on a 1 year old car so you still get 2 years of warranty left, as an example my 535d GT which I got at 11 months old and is a compatible car (ignoring arguments about styling ;)) is costing me £0.285p/mile

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Looking at all these amazing deals make me very appreciative of the scheme I have access to.

My current car:
Golf Estate GT 1.4 TSI 150 PS 7-speed DSG
£138pm 7,000 miles, 6 months. No deposit.
Equivalent to £1656/year with 14,000 mileage cap.

Next up in October:
Audi A4 Saloon S line 2.0 TFSI quattro 252 PS S tonic
£189pm 7,000 miles, 6 months. No deposit.
Equivalent to £2268/year with 14,000 mileage cap.

Back
Top Bottom