Pokemon GO! (2016)

kbc

kbc

Associate
Did the exact same thing myself earlier. Holland Park seems to be a haven for them, and there were lures galore. In the hour or so I was there, I got 5 Bulbasaurs (amongst dozens of other things). Not quite enough to evolve (I had yet to see any before today), but not far off it. I'll be back there next weekend.

:eek: Time to pick a few up. :D:D

Soldato
See, I kinda see it the opposite way. If I randomly happen upon a rare Pokemon while out walking, nice, but it doesn't feel like I achieved anything. It's no better than having them pop out of an egg. If I see a Pokemon on a tracker and I get to it before the spawn timer ends, then it does feel like an achievement.

A couple of events this weekend that wouldn't have happened without Pokevision (and the like):

1) On Friday, someone in my office noticed Snorlax show up on a tracker. Cue over 20 people leaving the office in the middle of the afternoon to try and get to him before he left.

2) At 1:30am while a bit drunk, I noticed Magmar on Pokevision about 200m away. I ran out of the flat to catch him.

Those events are things that I'll remember for a while, and I have a story behind catching them (or not, in Snorlax's case :mad:). I honestly don't remember where or when I got Clefairy, or Abra for example, two that I found just randomly without looking for them in amongst hundreds of others.

Yeah I had a situation that wouldn't have happened without it on Friday as well. Stood in a really good spot at lunch time (surrounded by 3 lures) when a guy from work ran over and said "I think those guys running off over there just mentioned a dragonite", we rushed off after them but lost sight, checked Pokevision and managed to find the spot. It was amazing how many people suddently turned up just after we arrived because they'd spotted it on Pokevision, all had a good laugh for a few minutes. I'll remember that one.

(it was much more exciting than I've managed to make it sound....)

I'm not that bothered that they've got rid of it though.

Last edited:
Associate
Shame the footsteps has been removed, I had a Kadabra nearby but couldn't find it despite walking like 100m.
However I did get a Jigglypuff which took four balls and a razz berry. It wasn't showing up nearby either. Stupid making it harder to catch Pokemon.

Soldato
Apple seem to be accepting pretty much all refunds for the in-app purchases if you have made any if now unhappy with the games recent update.

Soldato
I'm guessing it just has random fixes for version 31 in it since it's the same version as it. It did confuse me the other day when it downloaded an update after I'd installed the apk from apkmirror.

Soldato
How so??

I've not seen any negatives from the update...

I'm not a big fan of it. Whilst I have managed to replace Pokevision. I dislike that they have made capturing a lot harder. I now don't bother with a Pokemon unless it is one I don't have, very low cp, extremely high cp or one that I am collecting for candy. Before I used to spam for all Pokemon. Now I can go up against a Pidgey and waste 10 balls.

Associate
I'm glad Pokevision is done, too bad about the alternatives. I understand the 3 step glitch is frustrating but it's the same for everyone. Pokevision etc was simply cheating.

That said, I do hope Niantic get their act together, the game needs to work properly and more features.

Soldato
I'm not a big fan of it. Whilst I have managed to replace Pokevision. I dislike that they have made capturing a lot harder. I now don't bother with a Pokemon unless it is one I don't have, very low cp, extremely high cp or one that I am collecting for candy. Before I used to spam for all Pokemon. Now I can go up against a Pidgey and waste 10 balls.

I can't say I've noticed to be honest, I can still capture a 550 Drowzee in a single ball but a 90 weedle escapes at least twice...if they have made changes like this, maybe they're trying to push people to purchasing additional Pokeballs!

Soldato
I can't say I've noticed to be honest, I can still capture a 550 Drowzee in a single ball but a 90 weedle escapes at least twice...if they have made changes like this, maybe they're trying to push people to purchasing additional Pokeballs!

That was my thoughts also. You will notice the effects of the change more when you get higher in the levels. I think they severely increased the difficulty for lvl 20 onwards to slow people down.

Back
Top Bottom