• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RADEON RX 470 SERIES NOW AVAILABLE FROM £164.99 DELIVERED!!

Soldato
Nope techpowerup has batman and AC because they petform great on nvidia. Star Wars isn't there though, it perform too good on AMD to be left in.
Techpowerup uses a ton of different games man. There's nothing unfair about that. They are modern, demanding popular AAA games and there's *no reason* to not use them. The fact that you think it's a conspiracy that these games *are* used in just one review is testament to how nutty your reasoning has had to be to twist this all to fit.

Anyways, what about all the other reviews? Why aren't all these games in all the reviews? Why did the Guru3D review include Doom but not Arkham Knight or AC Syndicate?

You know why? Because certain games will always get left out. Not on purpose. Not because of bias. Or because anybody is being paid off. But simply because no site is going to bench every game out there. They pick a bunch, bench em and throw em in a review. In 99.9% of cases, the end result and overall performance picture is more or less in line with every other review. And that's what matters in the end.

Seriously, you are overthinking this to an insane degree.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope. No Doom means bias. There's just absolutely zero excuse not to have it if you ask me. Any new tripleA title has to be included. Why does this suddenly change because its on Vulkan.

Anyway I'm off to scheme up more fantasies about corruption before the rest of the nvidia defense league steps in.

This isn't even the right thread to be arguing about this

Last edited:
Soldato
Ya know what else I see missing from certain reviews? Far Cry Primal. Black Ops III. Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Star Wars Battlefront. Batman: Arkham Knight. All of them are recent, demanding, popular AAA titles and yet not all reviews have them. Do you also think that's pathetic? Is this a conspiracy?

Taken by itself, this is actually a very good point.

Caporegime
From what ive seen its billed for vr and 1080 res, 1080 seems to be the sweet spot for it as 1440 is where settings have to be turned down quite a bit.

Nope, I'm not making it up, AMD really do bill the 480 as a 1440p card. The 470 (despite not being more than a few % different) is billed as the 1080p card.

It's on at least one official AMD marketing slide. 480 = 1440p solution.

Caporegime
Nope. No Doom means bias. There's just absolutely zero excuse not to have it if you ask me. Any new tripleA title has to be included. Why does this suddenly change because its on Vulkan.

Anyway I'm off to scheme up more fantasies about corruption before the rest of the nvidia defense league steps in.

This isn't even the right thread to be arguing about this

Quick question, how much tinfoil do you go through a month?

there must be some serious radiation issues with all that granite up in Aberdeen.

Soldato
Quick question, how much tinfoil do you go through a month?

there must be some serious radiation issues with all that granite up in Aberdeen.

Yea who am I to suggest a multi billion dollar company actively encourages reviewers to show its competition in the worst light. Kim jong, I mean Jen Hsun must be so upset reading my petty comments.

Associate
well its not FU (Funders Edition) pricing for a worse card lol, so stop whining
but the pricing is messed up, probably because they are mostly out of stock everywhere
here in norway both the RX 480 8GB and the GTX 1060 6GB cost exacly the same...

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Guys, I've just issued 2 suspensions in the matter of 5 minutes.

Let me remind you of the 0 tolerance, 3 strike system in the GC forum (link)

Associate
If someone buys the £165 sapphire I would be interested to see what the noise is like. I have a raven RVZ01 and they really like cards that exhaust instead of circulate. My windforce 770 seems to be having a very hard time keeping cool.

Back
Top Bottom