Summer Transfer Window 2016/17 - Rumours & Signings

Soldato
As I've said previously, this is utter nonsense. In a year or so's time we'll take a look at Utd's accounts and see whether their commercial revenue has grown over and aboe the rate it's grown in previous years. And then I'll tell you I told you so.

That's not the point though. A certain level of expenditure is required to allow the existing level of commercial growth to continue.

Could that same growth continue if they never bought any players? - No.
Could that same growth continue if they only spent £50m this window? - Probably/possibly in the short-term?
Does spending £100 million on one player now, mean that the same growth will continue for many years while also having to spend less in future - Quite possibly

This will have been thought about in a lot of detail and the truth is that if they can continue to grow the commercial revenue in the way they have been, then Pogba's transfer fee will be 'repaid' in a few years. The question is, could they have continued with similar same growth without spending as much money? And they obviously feel the answer is not.

Soldato
Ok well my initial post was in relation to how much Pogba's costing Utd. You can't just look at the fee they're paying Juve when they're having to pay £20m or there abouts to his agent too.

I would agree — but there's no consistency to which fee's are reported or discussed. One minute people are quoting euros, the next they're including agent fee's, then they aren't etc.

When things are usually reported / discussed, generally it is without the agents fee. For this one it seems to be anything goes just so people can jab at each other.

Just to note: I don't care about the cost. If he doesn't perform, ****. If he does, great. I don't believe we're going to crumble for paying for this transfer.

Soldato
That's not the point though. A certain level of expenditure is required to allow the existing level of commercial growth to continue.

Could that same growth continue if they never bought any players? - No.
Could that same growth continue if they only spent £50m this window? - Probably/possibly in the short-term?
Does spending £100 million on one player now, mean that the same growth will continue for many years while also having to spend less in future - Quite possibly

This will have been thought about in a lot of detail and the truth is that if they can continue to grow the commercial revenue in the way they have been, then Pogba's transfer fee will be 'repaid' in a few years. The question is, could they have continued with similar same growth without spending as much money? And they obviously feel the answer is not.

Hit the nail on the head there. He is obviously the player they feel can deliver on the field and will help them grow even more as a club financially as well.

Permabanned
It's €105m + $5m if he either renews his Manchester contract or is sold for €50m+, not €5m for each.
Those are potential payments to Juve, not his agent if I'm not mistaken.

From what I understand it's €105m + those bonus's and Utd have to pay his agent's cut on top of that which is being reported at anything between €20m and £30m.

Except we don't actually know that about the agent fees. The only facts about it that are known is that Juve are the ones who are contracted to pay it and the rumours from the press that they were trying to get United to pay it instead.

Soldato
Those are potential payments to Juve, not his agent if I'm not mistaken.

From what I understand it's €105m + those bonus's and Utd have to pay his agent's cut on top of that which is being reported at anything between €20m and £30m.

Ok well my initial post was in relation to how much Pogba's costing Utd. You can't just look at the fee they're paying Juve when they're having to pay £20m or there abouts to his agent too.

I believe it's 20% of the total transfer fee Raiola will get. Tancredi Palmeri is quite fond of the number 145 million Euro for the total transfer fee including agent fee's.

Don
It's €105m + $5m if he either renews his Manchester contract or is sold for €50m+, not €5m for each.

Except we don't actually know that about the agent fees. The only facts about it that are known is that Juve are the ones who are contracted to pay it and the rumours from the press that they were trying to get United to pay it instead.

Have I missed something, has the transfer fee officially been released?

fez

fez

Caporegime
No one knows what the fees are.

Everyone seems to inflate everything United are involved in. Rooney is apparently on £300k / week yet doesn't get near the top paid footballers on any official lists etc.

No one knows what we are paying to Juve or his agent.

There is talk about United being owed a percentage of whatever he is sold for as part of his leaving deal.

Basically its anything from £85m to £140m depending on your motivations and who you believe. Whether we will ever know actually how much it was is another matter entirely.

Soldato
No one knows what the fees are.

Everyone seems to inflate everything United are involved in. Rooney is apparently on £300k / week yet doesn't get near the top paid footballers on any official lists etc.

No one knows what we are paying to Juve or his agent.

There is talk about United being owed a percentage of whatever he is sold for as part of his leaving deal.

Basically its anything from £85m to £140m depending on your motivations and who you believe. Whether we will ever know actually how much it was is another matter entirely.

Rooney is on £300k gross. The rest of Europe reports net wages. Pogba will earn £13 million net so almost double what Rooney will earn.

Man of Honour
I really don't care what he cost, after years of spending lots of money on the wrong players, we're finally pricing out other teams and buying great players (hopefully one of the very best). As long as we don't compromise ourselves financially to do it, and we aren't, it's fine.

I appreciate the angle from other fans though, way overpriced, hope he fails etc. The usual. :p

The only thing of importance now going forward will be his performances.

Caporegime
Jesse Rodriguez has joined Paris Saint-Germain for €25,000,000! :eek: I always rated Jesse, shame he got injured, still think he could become a good forward.

Caporegime
Just hope £100m can manage* the league especially the likes of the Britannia stadium on a cold and wet Monday night.

*he didn't get many 1st team games first time round?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Rooney is on £300k gross. The rest of Europe reports net wages. Pogba will earn £13 million net so almost double what Rooney will earn.

I would be stunned if Pogba is on anywhere near double what Rooney is on. More stunned than when sideshow bob went for £50m or when Carroll went for £35m.

Soldato
Does it really matter how much Pogba costs and whether he's 'worth' that amount? Surely a player's worth is judged on his performances for the club after signing? Rio Ferdinand remains one of the most expensive defenders ever, but given United's success with him in the team it would be hard to argue he wasn't 'worth' the £30 million United paid for him?

Whether you as an individual don't consider him 'worth' that fee is pretty irrelevant, the transfer fee will be judged on his contribution to the team, both on and off the field.

Associate
I really don't care what he cost, after years of spending lots of money on the wrong players, we're finally pricing out other teams and buying great players (hopefully one of the very best). As long as we don't compromise ourselves financially to do it, and we aren't, it's fine.

I appreciate the angle from other fans though, way overpriced, hope he fails etc. The usual. :p

The only thing of importance now going forward will be his performances.

I agree. We've finally got a massive player that we wanted. Unlike the past where we'd be linked with everyone and get nobody of worth.

Progba will fill a void that has been there since the likee of Paul scholes retired. Hopefully he plays well. And if he does then the fee will be irrelevant.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Im pretty sure that people on here were saying that Zlatan was going to be on £500k/w with a huge signing on bonus like £10m. Again, the reality is nowhere near that. People just love to use it as a stick to beat United with and then ignore anything that suggests otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom