Poll: Do you carry your driving licence with you at all times? i.e. in your wallet/purse?

Do you carry your driving licence with you at all times?

• Yes

Votes: 464 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 96 17.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
I've been asked for ID for alcohol and needed it to pick up a parcel twice in recent times. If I didn't have it, I was getting neither. It's a couple of mm thick and dead handy, so I always have it with me. Collecting stuff has always required photo ID.

I need it today to pick something up from Waitrose, and the guy next to me turned up with his passport. What a pain that must've been to dig out and bring with him.

Associate
Yes, both for ID (I've been ID'd more here in three years for alcohol than my whole life back in the UK despite being more than twice the legal drinking age, so that makes me smile!) and legally you must have it with you at all times here in British Columbia, you can get fined here if you cannot produce it when stopped by a police officer when driving.

When I lived back home in the UK, i just used to carry the plastic bit with me.

Permabanned
I don't carry my driving licence at "all" times, so my answer would be no. I do carry at all times in the US, but never in the UK unless I know I'm going to need it. Unless required yo do so, I never carry the originals of awkward to replace essential documents or ID.

Someone said digging out a passport must be a pain. Not really. If I was going to pick up a parcel it's just as easy to get my passport from my home-office safe as it is to get my driving licence, which is in the ssme file in the same safe.

Permabanned
I do.
Dad doesn't, back in his day I think it was just a piece of paper saying well done, which he has since lost...I think.
And before the paper version, a little cardboard thing with bits of paper stuck in it. They went in the 60s or 70s, but I still have my little cardboard version too, let alone the paper one. ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom