Summer Transfer Window 2016/17 - Rumours & Signings

Don
While transfer fees are usually spread over a number of years it is not dictated by the contract length. The clubs decide how many years on a case by case basis, Pogba for example is reported to be spread over two years, Higuain over 3 years etc.

Excuse me? You have no idea what I was talking about it seems.

For the purposes of accounting and therefore the effect FFP, players are treated as assets. Whether the club pay for the player in 1 lump sum or spread the payments over 100 years, the fee is still recorded on the accounts over the life of the players contract.

When you buy an asset you've not flushed that money (whether actual cash or credit) down the toilet, you've bought something that has a value therefore it's not recorded as an expense. It's the decrease in value of that asset year on year which is recorded as an expense and in the case of football transfers, when a players contract finishes they're worth nothing as they can leave on a free.

It's not quite as simple as I said in my post last night. When a player extends his contract the process begins again. For example if you sign a player for £50m on a 5 year contract, after 3 years his value on the books is now just £20m (£10m per season x 3). If he then signs a new 5 year contract, that remaining £20m gets spread over his new 5 year deal so the cost on the accounts decreases from £10m per year to £4m. Also, in theory although doesn't happen often, a club can revalue players and write them down further in any given year. For example, £50m player on a 5 year deal is worth £40m one year later but the club decide he's only worth £30m now so they'd record a £10m impairment charge on top of the £10m amotisation.
Lets be honest you bring up this 'rivalry' more than any of the fans on either side :p

Maybe on here but I'm only poking fun. And who mentioned a rivalry? We alwasy beat you :p

Caporegime
While transfer fees are usually spread over a number of years it is not dictated by the contract length. The clubs decide how many years on a case by case basis, Pogba for example is reported to be spread over two years, Higuain over 3 years etc.

You're talking about actual payment, not the way it turns up on the books. You can pay £89million in one lump sum, 3 evenly split payments, 3 payments that are 50mil first year, 30mil second year and 19mil the 3rd year or 369 weekly payments of whatever 89/369 is. How it appears in the accounting books is the same regardless, it is amortised over the length of the first contract and then adjusted as and when a second contract is made or a player is sold.

Soldato
Some more reports that Juve paid Raiola's fee rather than us, seems nobody can agree.

Juventus are understood to have pocketed £62million from Manchester United in the £89m world record transfer for Paul Pogba.

Of the overall fee paid for Pogba, it is thought that a small solidarity payment went to Le Havre and agent Mino Raiola's cut was £21m - which Juve paid. United paid Juventus the full fee and the Serie A champions then distributed it.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...fer-news-pogba-11728569#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Don
Where's most places? I've only seen the above and ssn. Iinm the great Di Mazio is reporting that Utd are paying a fee to his agent ;) We'll only know for sure when Utd's accounts are revealed.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Lets be honest, he never looked like he was going to make it at United. He was OK when he played but never looked very good. It wasn't like he was great but a bit error prone.

Associate
RB: Darmian, Valencia, Fosu-Mensah, JOnes
LB: Shaw, Rojo, Blind, B-J
CB: Smalling, Bailly, Jones, Blind, Rojo

Could so with another good CB and offload Rojo

Soldato
The Mahrez to Arsenal rumours seem to have picked up again. I can't see it being true, I just wish it was.

Our lack of activity since Vardy turned us down is really starting to annoy me.

Soldato
I think JM is trying to trim the squad by 3 or 4 before buying a centre half by all reports which kind of makes sense.

Problem is Rojo doesnt want to move

At least McNair going effectively gives the space to Pogba, and then hopefully when Schweinsteiger is waved off into the sunset JM will start lining up a defender (if there is enough time in the window)

Back
Top Bottom