Sim lock/firmware issue

Associate
So a bit of a weird one here. About a year ago I bought a Sony Z3 from Vodafone on a pay as you go deal as it was on offer. I bought an unlock code off eBay and and put my Three sim in and everything was good. Fast forward 10 months and Marshmallow comes out and I flash the generic Sony firmware on to remove the Vodafone branding and everything is still fine.

A few month later and the phone developed a hardware fault and I sent it back to Sony for repairs, however it's now come back locked to Vodafone with Vodafone firmware on it.

I hadn't realised phones could actually be rolled back that far!

So can I reuse my old unlock code (assuming I can find it) or flash a non-branded firmware onto it again? I assume a reflash wouldn't unlock it from Vodafone. As the phone is over a year old would Vodafone give me the unlock code? I was never on contract and I never bought a top other than the one you had to buy with the hardware.

I really don't want to purchase an unlock code again if I can avoid it.

Associate
OP
The headphone socket stopped detecting headphones. I've just check IMEI and its the same. They even left the screen protector on it!

Looking through my PayPal history I've found the NUC purchase and the seller has left a 12 digit item number in the purchase details. Does this sound about right for an unlock code? It took me by surprise yesterday and thought it was my SIM pin it was after so I only have 3 attempts left!

Back
Top Bottom