Overwatch

Soldato
I'm quite liking Reaper atm but his special never seems to do anything for me.

I jump into a group of enemies, spin around a bit then finish the animation and die. Whenever I see anyone else use his special it seems very damaging.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to aim?

Associate
I'm quite liking Reaper atm but his special never seems to do anything for me.

I jump into a group of enemies, spin around a bit then finish the animation and die. Whenever I see anyone else use his special it seems very damaging.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to aim?

There's no aiming required. Just have to be reasonably close as the damage will drop off the further away they are.

It's probably a timing issue - you want to surprise them.

If they see you coming they can prepare with shields, extra healing, focus fire or counters. If you can trigger your ult with their backs to you, when other team mates have them distracted or their support/s aren't with them then you'll see better results.

Associate
Love this game, only thing I seem to be playing at moment and I have bought Doom, Battlefront, Uncharted, Ratchet / Clank among others recently but just cant put overwatch down, love the variety of charcter abilities really like plating junkrat

Would like to see more maps, hopefully will get some

Fergin

Soldato

Took a bit of a break from OVerwatch, but started again when they did the Summer Games update. Anyone got any of the new skins? I'm resisting the urge to buy loot boxes. I have to keep telling myself its totally not worth the money.

Soldato
Does anybody here play Reaper or have good experience using him? I picked up the game up a week ago on XB1 and have been playing a good bit since then, there's a few matchups in particular I feel like I lose an awful lot:

DVA - This is the worst, when she's in that mech I feel like it's a DPS race and I'm forced to retreat every time.

McCree - Flashbang. -_-

Genji/Tracer - Same problem with both of them, they're so much faster than me and their movement is very erratic they're difficult to get a clean shot at.

I understand he isn't supposed to excel in every situation as few heroes do, he has other losing matchups but I know what to do with Pharah for example. The ones mentioned above though, just not sure how to improve or approach them. Anyone have ideas?

Associate
Does anybody here play Reaper or have good experience using him? I picked up the game up a week ago on XB1 and have been playing a good bit since then, there's a few matchups in particular I feel like I lose an awful lot:

DVA - This is the worst, when she's in that mech I feel like it's a DPS race and I'm forced to retreat every time.

McCree - Flashbang. -_-

Genji/Tracer - Same problem with both of them, they're so much faster than me and their movement is very erratic they're difficult to get a clean shot at.

I understand he isn't supposed to excel in every situation as few heroes do, he has other losing matchups but I know what to do with Pharah for example. The ones mentioned above though, just not sure how to improve or approach them. Anyone have ideas?

I play Reaper a fair bit and for me Tracer is a frustration as she rewinds or jumps all over the place. I tend to try and predict where she is going to jump to or rewind to but it's hard.

Genji isn't too bad and can go down quite quickly, just makes sure he isn't returning your own damage. Just make your movement unpredictable around him.

McCree - flashbang is annoying but I try to approach him from behind or the side and then if he focuses on me switch to wraith form and annoy him with hit and run tactics.

D.va remember her head is central in the mech so again go for central shots and just do hit and runs on them.

Ideally in all the situations you should be with the rest of your group or with someone else so it means they are not just focusing on you.

Soldato

McCree - Flashbang. -_-

Oh **** you got overwatch, drop me a PSN message when your online next.

Soldato
I play Reaper a fair bit and for me Tracer is a frustration as she rewinds or jumps all over the place. I tend to try and predict where she is going to jump to or rewind to but it's hard.

Genji isn't too bad and can go down quite quickly, just makes sure he isn't returning your own damage. Just make your movement unpredictable around him.

McCree - flashbang is annoying but I try to approach him from behind or the side and then if he focuses on me switch to wraith form and annoy him with hit and run tactics.

D.va remember her head is central in the mech so again go for central shots and just do hit and runs on them.

Ideally in all the situations you should be with the rest of your group or with someone else so it means they are not just focusing on you.

Yep, that'd be the one..aiming central on D.va. Winning all those battles now ^_^ Baiting McCree's flashbang with wraith form is working quite well, still struggle with Genji/Tracer because I just think their movement is far superior to Reaper.. they can literally dance rings around him. The trick I've found is to end it early, anything more than 2 or 3 seconds I'm better off retreating. Thanks for the help!

Oh **** you got overwatch, drop me a PSN message when your online next.

Moe I got it for XB1 sorry man!

Soldato
Yep, that'd be the one..aiming central on D.va. Winning all those battles now ^_^ Baiting McCree's flashbang with wraith form is working quite well, still struggle with Genji/Tracer because I just think their movement is far superior to Reaper.. they can literally dance rings around him. The trick I've found is to end it early, anything more than 2 or 3 seconds I'm better off retreating. Thanks for the help!

And that is why I love playing Tracer :D There is something satisfying knowing how annoying you can be :D

Reaper isn't the counter to Tracer really however for tips I would say try to limit her movement. Whether this is ganging up on her as it is pretty easy to get out of the line of sight of one character. However against 2 or 3 it becomes much much harder to avoid and with Tracer's low health you only need a few glancing shots. I would also say pay attention to her jumps, her normal jump takes 5 or 6 seconds to re-charge and stacks up to 3 jumps and she also has her rewind time jump which moves her further and she regains health but this has a longer recharge (I think 12 seconds). So if you can catch a tracer out of jumps you have a few seconds to shoot her. Tracer has relatively low damage and low health so a straight up 1 v 1 you should win.

Soldato
If I catch a Tracer and she's on cooldown it's easy but what I find usually happens is I'll heavily damage her and she teleports away and because Reaper is so fat I just have to accept that she's gone. I didn't know you were on this as well Greboth, kind of wish I bought this for PS4 now I didn't know some of the old Destiny crew played.

Soldato
Well you know what the easy answer is then, accept Tracer is the best character and play her :D

There is really only me and Moe from our Destiny group. Though having actual friends playing and a few others off here we usually have a good group going.

Soldato
If I catch a Tracer and she's on cooldown it's easy but what I find usually happens is I'll heavily damage her and she teleports away and because Reaper is so fat I just have to accept that she's gone. I didn't know you were on this as well Greboth, kind of wish I bought this for PS4 now I didn't know some of the old Destiny crew played.

I told you I was getting it bro, messing out. TBH I've not played a huge amount yet I just hit lv26 for example and dont have a ranking yet. But I think I will play a lot more this coming season. Think you should sell your xbox copy and get it on PS4.

I play Mcree a decent amount against tracer I just try and keep my back against a wall then it limits where she can shoot me from, I hate it when they get behind me. When I play tracer I always try and teleport through someone so they have to do a 180 to hit me. Also I normally try and keep a mental note of where she was during the fight so I can predict were the time reverse will land, Ive gotten some sweet kills just waiting for it.

Caporegime
Well you know what the easy answer is then, accept Tracer is the best character and play her :D

There is really only me and Moe from our Destiny group. Though having actual friends playing and a few others off here we usually have a good group going.

Is that all I am to you? You disgust me. Oink.

Soldato
I told you I was getting it bro, messing out. TBH I've not played a huge amount yet I just hit lv26 for example and dont have a ranking yet. But I think I will play a lot more this coming season. Think you should sell your xbox copy and get it on PS4.

I've got waaaaaaay too much unlocked to switch platforms now man. I have a few guys on XB1 to play with (Corey getting it on XB1 next month as well). Think you should just buy an XB1, is that too much to ask? ^_^

R^T

R^T

Associate
Is there a Xbox One OCUK clan?
I'm loving this game and wouldn't mind jumping in with members and having a right laugh.

Thanks,
Luke

Back
Top Bottom