Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
A friend won a competition to drive a new Mustang 5.0 for the day, only catch being that it needed to be collected from Shropshire (we live in SE London). As we'd already done most of the journey, it seemed rude not to take it the rest of the way to the evo triangle. The attention it got was unreal, had a small crowd of people around it as we came out from having lunch in a pub in Betwys-y-Coed and people stopping to take photos at petrol stations like it was something much more exotic!

jT7G4zCh.jpg

Did a few laps of the triangle myself in it and thought it was ok, brakes wanted to launch you through the windscreen from even looking at the pedal, pedals were too far apart, steering could have been better, but it made a nice noise (had a Magnaflow exhaust) and the engine was very easy to get a lot out of. Was quite happy to give the keys back and go back to the M3 however.

The rental place also had some other nice toys available for hire including this 570S. Once I was in it was hard to make me get out lol.

T7W26e3h.jpg

mRVDifIh.jpg

Then another car filled day yesterday as a friend and I went down to Surrey and swapped cars leaving me an S1 Lotus Elise to chase my M3 around the countryside in. Complete opposite car to my M3 with no assists whatsoever but such a hoot to drive, have left the M3 with him for a few more days just so I can carry on enjoying something a bit different. Fleet photo with bonus TVR:

fbaR452h.jpg

Soldato
I love them, but if I was to have something that expensive to run and that uneconomical I'd want it to be very fast, and due to the weight it isn't actually that quick. S600/760li/S8 are a better bet I reckon.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
rps20160815_183346_398.jpg

Nice plate, and nice guy for leaving such a vast consideration gap :cool:

Soldato
Encountered a Rav4 rather more intimately than I'd have liked last week, thankfully Ferrari paint seems to respond incredibly well to a bit of a polish. Pensioner driving pulled out without looking and then tried to blame me :rolleyes:

28388170474_b5a5a72bbb_b.jpg

29007938835_c47fa76ae7_b.jpg

This E-type was either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid to park there - pretty much guaranteed a door ding.

29007939485_b2aae8f401_b.jpg

Finally, encountered this. I know they've become very cliché wth the whole supercar spotter thing, but I still think they look incredible

28388172024_1c190fd88b_b.jpg

28903108282_aeef3494c8_b.jpg

28931896521_0ffe9046f6_b.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Missed the 240Z.

If I ever come across a 240Z for sale one day, and I have some lots of spare wad... It's gonna be so hard to not get it. Such a nice looking car, lots of history too. Higher top speed than the 911T back in the day, and IIRC it was this car that caused Porsche to become crybabies.

Soldato
Gosh, you are one sensitive *********. My most sincere apologies that you were unwillingly exposed to an opinion that you did not want to hear or see on the internet - which hitherto I can only assume you believed was a magical place filled with sunshine and rainbows and obscene praise and positivity towards everything enclosed within it.

Soldato
Missed the 240Z.

If I ever come across a 240Z for sale one day, and I have some lots of spare wad... It's gonna be so hard to not get it. Such a nice looking car, lots of history too. Higher top speed than the 911T back in the day, and IIRC it was this car that caused Porsche to become crybabies.

I saw one for sale a few years ago for 8k. But prices have absolutely rocketed since then.

I always seem to miss these opportunities :(

Back
Top Bottom