Elder scrolls Legends (card game)

Soldato
Doesn't matter IMO what it's like compared to Hearthstone, Hearthstone was great fun until Runescape Chronicles: Legends came out recently. That game sets the absolute standard for card games, Hearthstone is so uninteresting now I've played something far better. It did a good job bringing the TCG style games into the limelight, but if this is just the same but Elder Scrolls it's pointless, as much as I love the lore I'm not going back to that awfully mundane format.

Soldato
OP
Anything more complicated than hearthstone aint for me. I like hearthstone as its just a nice easy card game without any "extras" to make it more interesting or last longer. Nice to just jump in have a game and jump out.

Soldato
Looks interesting, will it be a CCG or a TCG?

Currently playing HEX as it seems to be the only good TCG I could find on the PC

I was looking at Runescape Chronicles: Legends but not sure about it due to all the steam reviews suggesting it's P2W, but then I guess it is a CCG

edit: just had a quick google and it seems very similar to hearthstone & looks like it will be a CCG :(

IGN said:
Players can Soul Trap unwanted cards, turning them into “Soul Gems,” which sounds more than a little like Hearthstone’s Arcane Dust system. Right-clicking on your character portrait’s face lets you communicate with canned emotes. The list of similarities goes on.
Source

Last edited:
Soldato
Lets bring this back to Life.

I've started playing this recently. I have to say what I like, compared to Hearthstone and other CCG's (I'm sure its still gonna be a CCG) is the story mode and more complex gameplay.

The story sucked me in, its a tutorial plus actually challenging Gameplay. The game is so smooth too, the animations are great and the gameplay is completely different to the other games around.

Quick video:

I'd like to see what other think about this too.

Caporegime
I tried it out a bit, I like the story mode and the way cards upgrade and stuff. The 2 lanes with various different effects in different battles is an interesting idea as well.

Soldato
I tried it out a bit, I like the story mode and the way cards upgrade and stuff. The 2 lanes with various different effects in different battles is an interesting idea as well.

The lanes only have different effects in Story Mode and Solo Arena. In all forms of Versus play the left lane is vanilla and the right lane is Shadow, which gives all minions played there Cover (making them unable to be attacked on the turn they are played). There is a support card in Agility that turns all lanes into Shadow Lanes, though, which raises the possibility that other abilities may get similar cards.

The more interesting thing to me is the catch-up mechanism. Each player has five Runes, which break the first time you go to 25, 20, 15, 10 and 5 life. When a Rune breaks you draw a card - and if that card has the Prophecy keyword you can also choose to play it immediately for free. This creates a balancing act: you often don't want to throw everything into your opponent's face because he'll draw more cards, but you might be forced to give him one card in order to set up a lethal attack next turn.

Once you get out of Story Mode you'll find that rewards are more generous than Hearthstone in terms of cards but less generous in terms of gold. As in Hearthstone you will only recoup your Arena entry fee if you win 7 games, but Versus Arena ends at 7 wins so going infinite is basically impossible. However, you will gain more gold for winning in Versus Ladder (up to 150 a day) in fewer games plus you also get a card with each three wins. In Arena you get one guaranteed pack plus a second pack from around 5 wins and a third if you go 7, plus some Soul Gems and a card that increases in rarity the more wins you get.

Crafting: decks in TESL are 50 cards against 30, the card copy limit is 3 against 2 and most legendaries can also be run in multiples. However, Legendaries are 1200 Gems against 1600 Dust and are a bit easier to acquire (roughly 1 every 20 packs against 1:30 in HS, plus rewards for Arena success). Overall crafting cost is comparable by deck size - a solid HS deck will be 8-10k Dust, an equivalent TESL deck will be 12-15k - but cards are that bit easier to acquire in TESL.

Soldato
Doesn't matter IMO what it's like compared to Hearthstone, Hearthstone was great fun until Runescape Chronicles: Legends came out recently. That game sets the absolute standard for card games, Hearthstone is so uninteresting now I've played something far better. It did a good job bringing the TCG style games into the limelight, but if this is just the same but Elder Scrolls it's pointless, as much as I love the lore I'm not going back to that awfully mundane format.

Agreed!

Elder scrolls looks like a pretty solid game, but its not enough to win me over from Chronicle. Ya'll should check that out.

Back
Top Bottom