Spec me a new case and PSU

Permabanned
Very impressed with the Fractal R5 Blackout Edition case I just bought.

Also got the Corsair RMi 850W psu which seems good too (it powers my PC and doesn't make noise... what else is there to measure?) :)

Associate
The best cases I have built into were the Phanteks Ethoo Primo and the Phanteks Luxe, for me these 2 cases are in a different league. I have built loads of computers and these were the best cases. Power supply go with Evga or Superflower.

Soldato
These 'new' (I've been away a while) phanteks cases have great reviews and a old mate of mine loves his. I'd say they are a great choice. The Enthoo Pro and Enthoo Pro M looks great value.

As for the PSU, 550W is plenty. Just make sure you get a good make like the EVGA G2, SuperFlower Leadex.

Associate
How many SSD and HDD are you using or planning on, and what about cooling?

I also agree that these days a 550w to 650w is about all any single GPU user will need, 750w for SLI due to newer Nvidia's being so efficient.

I love the build quality and ease of working away inside my Phanteks case, I am also tempted by a few of the Fractal models for the same reason, though the models I like all carry over legacy choices, optic bays, plenty of HDD slots, and too much room for those still thinking of Monsta rads as equipment gets more efficient.

There is one case I keep thinking of as about as good as it gets requirement wise. That case is the NZXT S340.

I got one of those some time back, my lads are getting it in a new build, but it just looks so right, no optic bay, easy to build in, hidden PSU and plenty of cable space, space for a couple of SSD, a couple of HDD, and it's full ATX, air cooling, AIO, custom water, all possible. And it's small, and easy to deck out with an £11 RGB kit.

Only thing is, it's a little cheaply made, paint chips easy, thin metal in places.

Regardless of all that, the NZXT S340 has probably been my favorite case in years.

Soldato
Phantek is getting a lot of love. I shall look into those. I've built in Corsair, Cooler Master, Antec and NZXT before now. Cooler Master I've probably found the easiest. But for some reason I like the look of the Corsair Obsidian 450D. Anyone had one? I don't watercool atm but I may.

I would take the Enthoo Pro over the 450D. The 450D is still a nice case, but the Enthoo Pro will give you a cleaner looking build as the psu and all the internal drives are hidden.

Back
Top Bottom