• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New gpu with old P67A-GD65 Mobo?

Associate
AMD/Intel are going to have to do something pretty impressive to make me want to move on from this motherboard. PCI-E 3.0,USB 3.x & DDR4 just aren't quite enough to tempt me. Judging by numbers I'm getting in Timespy/Firestrike my 2600K is not exactly holding back my 1070 to any significant degree.
Only downside on mine is the onboard audio on mine gurgles a bit when things happen on the USB bus which suggests either a less than stellar ground somewhere between the Mobo and PSU or something on the Mobo itself.

Soldato
Been on my 2600k with decent oc and MSI P67A GD55 rev b3 and (2013 BIOS), since Jan 2011, nothing has tempted me to upgrade it tbh, my 1070 runs fine on this setup with zero bottleneck.

I'll upgrade when there's a leap in performance like there was with Sandybridge

Back
Top Bottom