New SkyQ offer for NEW Customers

Associate
Hi,

Have just sent a message to verify if I would qualify for a code.

Apologies to all for my extremely dire post count - have been around a while but embarrassingly hardly ever post.

However I have just built in the last fortnight a new rig (all parts ordered from Overclockers of course!). Spec is a 6600k with a GTX1070 and 16gig ram, thus I will try to be more active from now on!

Associate

I hope you didn't give these chancers codes Adwright?

How am I a chancer??
I am moving to a new house and we would like to get sky. I have been reading these forums for a while now but only just registered to post when I saw the kind offer of sky codes.
I am a member of lots of forums but I don't often feel the need to make lots of posts. We all have to start somewhere, don't be too harsh on the newbies.

alx

alx

Soldato
The answer to what.. I have read lots of things on here but did not need to post. To reply you need to register so I did..
Why is there so much hostility to new posters??

You have to admit it looks very suspicious.

We don't know if you've actually been browsing without an account for years or have just signed up to get a code, but the whole point is to stop chancers who stumble across this thread via google/another forum.

Associate
You have to admit it looks very suspicious.

We don't know if you've actually been browsing without an account for years or have just signed up to get a code, but the whole point is to stop chancers who stumble across this thread via google/another forum.

I can see your point of view but I was just a bit surprised with the way others reacted..
i am a member on AV forums and have been for a number of years, it was a post on there a few months ago that mentioned some people on this site have codes.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The codes are kindly offered by members of the community, for members of the community. As such, they reserve the right to distribute them as they see fit. In this instance, MissChief has chosen to only give out codes to those members who meet a 30 day or 100 post criteria.

Now, put yourself in the community's shoes... you have access to F&F codes and you get beaten to the codes by a rush of new posters who simply joined to ask for codes and run off in to the horizon. It doesn't seem fair, does it?

I'll await the decision of the mod team but I would ask any new starters to read the thread before requesting codes.

Associate
The codes are kindly offered by members of the community, for members of the community. As such, they reserve the right to distribute them as they see fit. In this instance, MissChief has chosen to only give out codes to those members who meet a 30 day or 100 post criteria.

Now, put yourself in the community's shoes... you have access to F&F codes and you get beaten to the codes by a rush of new posters who simply joined to ask for codes and run off in to the horizon. It doesn't seem fair, does it?

I'll await the decision of the mod team but I would ask any new starters to read the thread before requesting codes.

I agree with what you are saying and you are right it's not fair for regular members to miss out because of 1 post wonders.
I guess I will have to get my post count up and try again in a few months.

alx

alx

Soldato
I can see your point of view but I was just a bit surprised with the way others reacted..
i am a member on AV forums and have been for a number of years, it was a post on there a few months ago that mentioned some people on this site have codes.

Unfortunately past history of this happening has soured people somewhat so the response isn't always overly friendly....we're a nice bunch really :D

Associate
The sky Q and normal sky codes have been on here for a fair bit now yet you only posted today about them

it's a very good service the lads provides by giving us these codes and you can see why a person only posting in one thread might look like they are chancing it

We have all been new once but it dose not take that long to just post in a few threads ect

Caporegime
OP
Hi,

Have just sent a message to verify if I would qualify for a code.

Apologies to all for my extremely dire post count - have been around a while but embarrassingly hardly ever post.

However I have just built in the last fortnight a new rig (all parts ordered from Overclockers of course!). Spec is a 6600k with a GTX1070 and 16gig ram, thus I will try to be more active from now on!

The way I see it, you're fine, you've been a member for a very long time. It's the 'other' guys that sign up purely to get a code. Or it seems that way anyway.

The other options I thought of were limiting the trust system to a certain post count/time limit (not possible on the current forum software apparently) or, as someone suggested, moving these threads to the MM.

Commissario
The answer to what.. I have read lots of things on here but did not need to post. To reply you need to register so I did..
Why is there so much hostility to new posters??

Not hostility, I don't like people joining just to take advantage of an offer and then disappear - I feel that active members of our community deserve these and it's not fair for them to miss out.

Associate
The sky Q and normal sky codes have been on here for a fair bit now yet you only posted today about them

it's a very good service the lads provides by giving us these codes and you can see why a person only posting in one thread might look like they are chancing it

We have all been new once but it dose not take that long to just post in a few threads ect

I have seen the older posts with the codes but as I don't get on here that often I always thought it would be too late. In hindsight it would have been better to have started all this back then.
I do need a new 4K tv for if I get sky q so I will be looking and asking more on here pretty soon..

Don
It's not for me to tell people who they should give codes to but I'd certainly rather see active, long term members take priority over lurkers and new sign-ups. You've admitted to being a long time lurker but didn't bother registering because you didn't need anything - why should you get a code over a member that actually contributes to the forums, giving help and advice to other members?

Back
Top Bottom