• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
My gtx 1070 seems to be artifacting @ 144hz even on desktop use.. Seems a few people has it judging by google, I dropped to 120 hz no artifacting..

My 1070 (FE) has been at 144Hz since day one, never had any artifacts. I'd test it on another PC and if it still does it RMA it.

Soldato
Im not sure as ive forced myself to not use FPS counters for a while now as i would get to obsessed with the numbers. It feels like however im in the same boat as you but i dont know if its a placebo effect or not and i cannot be bothered to test it out with the limited free time i have on my hands

Likewise I normally don't bother with FPS counters. But I got FRAPS back up and running. Just to give 2 examples I was running both Heaven benchmark and Far Cry 3 maxed out @ 3440 x 1440 with V-Sync enabled at a near solid 60 FPS before. Now, they both regularly go down to 30 FPS. I can't speak for Heaven since I haven't run it for ages before, but Far Cry 3 I was playing right up until the update without issue. After the update it took a nosedive in performance. My first guess is the update is having an issue with SLi, at least for GTX 980 Ti. I was running without overclocks for a while so it isn't related to that for sure. Regardless, I since re-overclocked and it still doesn't solve it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Associate

EVGA FTW 1070.

Is this with the new drivers or in general?

My 1080 is going that since upgraded to the new drivers last night.

Hmm seems is a know issue with some drivers for the GTX10xx months now,
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/939358/geforce-1000-series/gtx-1080-flickering-issue/1/

Yep it seems it is that. Had no artifacting yet at 120hz.

Soldato
Tried the new drivers and back to the flickering on the desktop, no issues in game. Reverted back to previous driver and no issues. Seem's a few people are having this issue again. I remember having it on a previous driver with my FE 1080 as well so it's definitely driver related. Tried DDU both times and still has issues. Going to see if they sort it with a hotfix.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
My gtx 1070 seems to be artifacting @ 144hz even on desktop use.. Seems a few people has it judging by google, I dropped to 120 hz no artifacting..

This happened to me too mate. I dropped it to 120hz which fixed it. But then I switched it back to 144hz and it disappeared! :confused:

Associate
I've just started with the flickering after updating my driver last night. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Rollback it is...

Edit: Flicked it (S2716DG) to 120hz and back to 144 again and it seems ok. I'll stick with it for now and see if it's gone.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2277

D

Deleted member 2277

Do Nvidia actually test drivers before releasing them? It certainly doesn't look like it.

Soldato
[Damien];29916312 said:
I've just started with the flickering after updating my driver last night. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Rollback it is...

Edit: Flicked it (S2716DG) to 120hz and back to 144 again and it seems ok. I'll stick with it for now and see if it's gone.

Same monitor as you, tried 120hz but then after rebooting on 144hz it was back. :(

Back
Top Bottom