CS:GO Discussion

Associate
I was GNM, I've played about 15 matches since returning. Won one. Silver II now.

Can't see how I can even enjoy playing at this level tbh. Think I'm done.

Just play with people off the forums and you will be back to your old rank in no time.

If its really been six months, then you won't have played since the big rank reshuffle, so you are probably around GN2 anyway, so its not that big a task to get back up.

Soldato
I'm a new player, played CS for about two months. Never played any of the other versions, and the last time I got into an online fps like this it was 4v4 Quake 2, in a UK-based league, in 1999 (UKCCL).

I have been playing lots of casual and demolition and I'm quite competent, as in I win more than I lose and I kill more han I die. My aim is good at moments, but still on the unreliable side.

I'm enjoying the game, but to be honest competitive is daunting at the moment. I want to get into it, but from all that I read, solo queuing is not a good idea, however at rank 15 I still have a few to go to be able to use prime.

I also don't know enough people playing the game to be able to play with a group, and the community doesn't seem very accepting of new players anyway.

Add me - my Steam ID is slashbored.

There's usually a few of us playing, we're not amazing but we're playing for fun :) most of us are ranked at GN4, but nobody takes it too seriously, and we're often on TS to help comms.

Associate
I was GNM, I've played about 15 matches since returning. Won one. Silver II now.

Can't see how I can even enjoy playing at this level tbh. Think I'm done.

If the rank fluctuates so much and so easily, I mean, you go on holiday and when you come back you are considered rubbish, doesn't that devalue the whole concept somewhat? I understand that they don't want to give people their rank forever, but surely you don't forget how to play because you take a 2 week break. It's basically implyingyou shouldn't have a life.

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
If the rank fluctuates so much and so easily, I mean, you go on holiday and when you come back you are considered rubbish, doesn't that devalue the whole concept somewhat? I understand that they don't want to give people their rank forever, but surely you don't forget how to play because you take a 2 week break. It's basically implyingyou shouldn't have a life.

Yeah pretty much.

I'm not so fussed about the rank, it's the quality of the games. I like a close game and obviously good team play. I'm not around all the time so not the most relaible to getting into games with people. Always solo queued in all honestly. Billy no mates! haha.

Reason I had six months off is simple becasue I was caring for my terminally ill father. Now I have the chance to kick back and pwn some n00bs and now I'm the n00b. Haha.

Still, I'm up for the challenge, see if I can claw it back up! I started silver IV originally and it took forever to get out!

Soldato
I cant believe how much of a difference prime/non prime matchmaking is.

I cant remember the last time i won a non prime one but then in prime im on around a 90% win rate.

non prime tilts me so much.

Associate
if its anything to go by i started from Silver 1 after my 10 game matchmaking and have just completed 100 Competitive wins.

Im now up to DMG, Generally have a positive K/D ratio in most games, have the odd shocker now and then.

Soldato
if its anything to go by i started from Silver 1 after my 10 game matchmaking and have just completed 100 Competitive wins.

Im now up to DMG, Generally have a positive K/D ratio in most games, have the odd shocker now and then.

DMG? Nice mate.

Games have probably been even better now you've hit prime.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
2 wins and a draw tonight!:D

In the draw we were 6-14 down and managed to claw it back. I suppose it goes to show you should never give up.

1 more win until I get my rank revealed to me, it's only been 3 years in the making.

Associate
2 wins and a draw tonight!:D

In the draw we were 6-14 down and managed to claw it back. I suppose it goes to show you should never give up.

1 more win until I get my rank revealed to me, it's only been 3 years in the making.

what were the ranks of the players in the other team the last game you played

Soldato
I do these all the time, so much so my friends have dub it The Shankly Shuffle :D
Wish I would remember to record most them before the are gone for ever.
This though might be my favorite one to date.

Associate
Hi
I have been playing today and come across two nasty trolls i bet you had encounter with
such individuals in cs go before and reporting wont do anything, so i would like to find out
their IP address to teach them a lesson but i failed, anything what worked is fixed now.
is there any way to find it out?
the for help

Back
Top Bottom