Alibaba, any body actually had the cohones to buy stuff!

uv

uv

Soldato
I've bought quite a bit from AliExpress, including £271 on bicycle wheels. It's definitely worth a shot if you're ready to take a gamble on the lack of a returns process.

Soldato
OP
Thankyou for the helpful replies, I feel rather better about the idea now.

Basically it is E-bay+.

There are good deals to be had, but you might get burned from time to time.

Just be careful and do not risk more than you can afford to lose.

Ho Humm.

Out of curiosity what did you need woth 8 grands worth of heat sinks!?

Building a nuclear reactor?

A bit off topic, Some years ago I was doing some plumbing and had rather a lot of copper piping in my front room.

One of my neighbours (who had known me for some years) visited and saw all this and made a very similar comment.

The look on his face combined with the fact that he had also known me for some time (!) suggested that he was actually concerned rather than just making a Joke! :p :cool:

(One of these days I am going to build a Farnsworth Fusor. Heavy water is readily available, as are old GPO trim-phones! :D)

Caporegime
Thankyou for the helpful replies, I feel rather better about the idea now.

Basically it is E-bay+.

There are good deals to be had, but you might get burned from time to time.

Just be careful and do not risk more than you can afford to lose.

Ho Humm.

A bit off topic, Some years ago I was doing some plumbing and had rather a lot of copper piping in my front room.

One of my neighbours (who had known me for some years) visited and saw all this and made a very similar comment.

The look on his face combined with the fact that he had also known me for some time (!) suggested that he was actually concerned rather than just making a Joke! :p :cool:

(One of these days I am going to build a Farnsworth Fusor. Heavy water is readily available, as are old GPO trim-phones! :D)

I want to make s fusor too.

Somone made one from two salad bowls welded together at one point lol.

But sod heavy water you can buy a lecture bottle of deuterium through universities

Soldato
I have used it to buy my phone (xiaomi - 3rd biggest producer of phones in the world). I've also bought phone accessories and cycling accessories.

All with no issue, reasonable delivery time and excellent customer service.

Use trusted sellers only.

Caporegime
I have used it to buy my phone (xiaomi - 3rd biggest producer of phones in the world). I've also bought phone accessories and cycling accessories.

All with no issue, reasonable delivery time and excellent customer service.

Use trusted sellers only.

How do you know whos a trusted aeller

Soldato
How do you know whos a trusted aeller

The sellers all have ratings/feedback just like eBay. I wouldn't buy from someone who isn't already well established on there and with hundreds of feedback. This is simply because of the returns procedure being logistically difficult (obviously so). The site, in my experience, has been fine for purchases though.

Soldato
I've bought quite a bit from Taobao, you need to use an agent to get stuff sent to the UK. It's more complicated then AliExpress etc but you can find better quality and it's cheaper.
Also shipping is way faster.

Caporegime
The sellers all have ratings/feedback just like eBay. I wouldn't buy from someone who isn't already well established on there and with hundreds of feedback. This is simply because of the returns procedure being logistically difficult (obviously so). The site, in my experience, has been fine for purchases though.

Ahh ok cool.

Anyone used banggood?

Associate
Ordered several CCTVS cameras from AliExpress. Saved £££ and they've all been delivered within 10 days.

Soldato
I have ordered CCTV cameras and NVR's etc from there - as well as plenty of other stuff.

I have never had an issue.

Gearbest, that experience was completely differnt and I would not use them again.

Associate
Out of interest, which cameras? I'm looking for some myself.

I've done a couple of orders for Hikvision IP cameras. Much cheaper and never a problem. One got caught for customs charges but was still much cheaper than buying in the UK. Just don't upgrade the FW or you lose the English language.

Soldato
made a nice bit of extra income on electrical goods ( phones ) about 4 yrs ago now but cut it off when i returned a box load at my own expense and they refused to admit they'd received them. had to get barclaycard involved to get my money back ( over £1k )

shame really because even after the import cost it was a decent earner. i don't have the time to do it now but wouldn't rule out ever doing it again. if you build a relationship with a supplier then you're good, i was just unlucky.

a friend of mine sources socks from there and makes a decent mark up. he had to pay for sample runs and of course you run the risk of the actual goods being lower quality than the sample but he's got a good relationship with them and does ok from it as a side line.

i think anything from the site would only be any good as a bit of extra income. if you want to go mass then you'd need to visit and be prepared to be way down on the pecking order to even get your order considered.

Back
Top Bottom