F1 2016

Soldato
Folks, just a couple of questions.

I'm getting 50 fps with triple monitor setup on ultra high. Sounds reasonable?

Is there a KERS boost button?

Thats sounds pretty decent at the resolution at ultra high. As for kers that doesn't exist anymore only ers which is linked to engine mode. Setting your fuel to rich give you a little extra boost in HP, that is similar to ers.

Soldato
Thats sounds pretty decent at the resolution at ultra high. As for kers that doesn't exist anymore only ers which is linked to engine mode. Setting your fuel to rich give you a little extra boost in HP, that is similar to ers.

Really? I didn't realise.

But it still feels a little slow, if you know what I mean?

Anything I can do with the settings you reckon/ Anything I can turn down which has no visual impact but fps impact?

And since when did KERS disappear? I didn't realise lol!

Man of Honour
Is anyone getting a weird audio glitch, where some cars engines make a weird buzzing sound (almost like rapidly applying throttle then lifting off).
It first happened during the benchmark and i ignored it but now it's happening in races?

Definitely won't be trying that too soon :o

I have the PS4 version and I'm getting an occasional audio glitch that sounds very similar.

Soldato
Anyone find the Thrustmaster TR300 wheel is not properly supported yet?

Plugged mine in but it's like it not recognised correctly. It does work to have quick play with the game but the settings for the wheel are not registered right?

Associate
Anyone find the Thrustmaster TR300 wheel is not properly supported yet?

Plugged mine in but it's like it not recognised correctly. It does work to have quick play with the game but the settings for the wheel are not registered right?

GamerMuscle during his stream using the T300 set the rotation in the Thrustmaster control panel to 360 and set Force in game to 80.

Soldato
Spent a good few hours playing it today before my night shift. First impressions are reasonably good. Graphics and visuals are okay, nothing to shout home about. Performance is good, maxed out setting on my 980Ti at 1440p. Amazingly for a Codemasters game I've not encountered any major bugs, only one is dip in fps when I run on grass or gravel but only very occasionally. Liking practice mode though it'd be nice to be able to manually adjust the time of each session for example longer P1 and P2 but 25% race length etc. Handling seems good. I didn't bother getting any of the F1 games since 2012 or 2013 but this feels like it's moved on quite nicely though not a patch on Assetto Corsa. Wheel settings are a pain in the ass, took me quite a while to get to some I was happy with and even still it just doesn't quite feel right (maybe I've just got too used to my AC settings?

Solid start but to be honest I'll probably play through a season or two of career mode and go back to AC for the new Porsche's!

Associate
Is anyone getting a weird audio glitch, where some cars engines make a weird buzzing sound (almost like rapidly applying throttle then lifting off).
It first happened during the benchmark and i ignored it but now it's happening in races?

Definitely won't be trying that too soon :o

I have dodgy audio when running the benchmark, but I think it's because the benchmark is speeded up? The audio ingame sounded not quite right at first, but after tweaking the settings it's much better. (wireless soundblaster headset)
Wish the DRS beeps could be made much louder though.

Can we get some steam ID's posted as well people, it's nice to have targets to aim for on the time attacks :D

Associate
Having an issue where it's applying the brake and throttle at the same time. Messing around with the key mapping doesn't seem to work. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 my g27 has never been the same :(

Man of Honour
OP
Well I managed to get myself into third place in the manor in Australia in light rain. Track starts to dry up (great to see different weather in different parts of the track) and my front left starts to overheat and wear. I decided against another pit stop, even though the team were telling me to - 3 laps left and my tyre goes pop. Pitted and ended up in 12th. Really fun.

Started with manor, full quali, half race, hard AI. A decent challenge, but also not soul destroying.

Is this typical Codemasters yearly slop?

No, it is by far the best I have played from them.

Soldato
Soldato
Well I managed to get myself into third place in the manor in Australia in light rain. Track starts to dry up (great to see different weather in different parts of the track) and my front left starts to overheat and wear. I decided against another pit stop, even though the team were telling me to - 3 laps left and my tyre goes pop. Pitted and ended up in 12th. Really fun.

Started with manor, full quali, half race, hard AI. A decent challenge, but also not soul destroying.

Coming above 20th in a Manor?! You need to be on expert or legend :D

Associate
I've got to say I'm quite tempted by this. Would it be suitable for someone with no experience of driving games or am I just going to turn it into banger racing? :D

Back
Top Bottom