I'm in the Sun online!

V F

V F

Soldato
Fantastic effort and something to celebrate. Although not with cake.

A serious question and not meaning to be rude, but can anything be done about the skin?

What is the safe zone a person must be within before the skin becomes permanently stretched?

Caporegime

A serious question and not meaning to be rude, but can anything be done about the skin?

surgery can remove it but it will leave a scar.

bio oil and roguh massage can help with that initially and i belvie laser scar removal has come a long way these days, see a guys shrapnel scars from Afghanistan massively improved by that, but you have to goprivate

Soldato
I think i'll end up with a bit of an apron myself. Have lost 6st3lbs (just under 40Kg) since end of November through a complete change in lifestyle. Started with getting out of breath running up and down the 13 stairs twice and now training for the Ealing half marathon at end of September. I'd rather have that apron than be that weight again!! My target weight is now under 2 stone from where I am at the moment. Losing around 2lbs per week at the moment but will be slowing that right down after the half.

VF - i don't think there's really a figure for that. The younger you are, the better the chances of the skin retracting are as you lose elastin as you age (hence wrinkles, skin taking longer to get back to taut if you pinch yourself etc but this elastin decrease varies from person to person). Also the longer your skin has sagged, the more likely the change will be permanent. The skin is a living organ and it's said that you should give it a couple of years after the weight loss before assessing yourself and getting a consultation for 'tuck' surgery.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Heavy stuff. I've read about some of this but there are so many scenarios. One that seems quite common for most big people is losing the weight so fast before the skin has a chance to contract.

Soldato
Heavy stuff. I've read about some of this but there are so many scenarios. One that seems quite common for most big people is losing the weight so fast before the skin has a chance to contract.

Yes - losing weight slowly is certainly a good way of trying to mitigate the sag. The figure recommended is 1-2lbs/week max loss which is pretty much on average what I've been doing, though sometimes it's less, sometimes more. I don't really bother counting calories or have any particular regime of eating; I just eat now until I'm no longer hungry, eat more frequently, eat better food and exercise a fair bit :)

Associate
You're not the chap out walking really early every morning in Aldershot along the Farnborough Road with sunglasses, a backpack and a pair of knee supports on are you?

Soldato
OP
First of all thank you all for your kind words and comments some made me laugh.

Wait, your name is Thor?
Yes mate my birth name too.
Same here, need to lose about 4 stone.

OP - how did you do it? Did you just cut out / reduced the takeaways or did you take up the sport again? I tried a few things myself but never for long because of willpower (or lack of). Congrats though, whichever way you did it!
I went on to a keto diet and started lifting heavy pretty much mate.
cHk4 - as someone who's on a weight loss journey himself, together with knowing it's harder than some like to make out, sounds daft but even though i don't know you, I'm damn proud of you :) Wow - what a massive transformation and I know the mental improvements that tag along with changing shape, becoming fitter and healthier, even more so that drastically, are massive. Keep up the fantastic work :)
Thanks mate, I really appreciate it, all the best on your journey mate.
Lifestyle changes. Don't go on a 'diet', as a diet seems negative and won't last. Make permanent changes to your nutritional intake. Including exercise as part of your daily / weekly routine is also hugely beneficial.

I lost about 20kg 4 years ago and have kept it off as I've maintained the lifestyle changes I made. No idea what that is in stone.
Exactly life style changes rather than a diet, top advice there.

Not sure mate, I can get surgery if I save and if I want to but I think you have to have 6 months off of training and I'm not sure if that's something I want to do... If I do have it done my tattooist will tattoo over the scars once they are all healed.

Well done - looks like you really stuck with it, it's tough losing all that weight,

Also read that you're on a Keto diet - it really is a fantastic way of losing weight, I'm in the middle of a Keto diet at the moment to reduce my body fat % and it's so effective. There's also evidence coming from some of the obesity clinics in the US that shows Keto/low carb can almost reverse the effects of diabetes to the point of zero/minimal medication.. just those first 1-2 weeks totally suck!

Awesome mate, I love keto, I have so much energy. I also IF too for 18/6 on non training days, 16/8 on training days and train fasted one day a week it's amazing. I know so many people who have reversed their diabetes and stopped taking so much meds once they do this.

Commissario
Out of interest, how much did they pay for the article? I've had a couple of journalists contact me for similar stories but haven't really been that interested in following it up.

Cracking job btw, well done :)

Man of Honour
Out of interest, how much did they pay for the article? I've had a couple of journalists contact me for similar stories but haven't really been that interested in following it up.

I'd be really careful.
The poster on here with the most weight loss was made to look a real fool by the press with headlines such as '35 stone virgin' just because he told them he hadn't got a girl friend at the time.
They went on to mase other stuff up.

Commissario

Cracking job btw, well done :)

I'd be really careful.
The poster on here with the most weight loss was made to look a real fool by the press with headlines such as '35 stone virgin' just because he told them he hadn't got a girl friend at the time.
They went on to mase other stuff up.
That's why I never really bothered following them up, I don't want the hassle but I'm interested in what they may have been paying. I was contacted twice from people with AP email addresses.

Soldato
Good work. Well done.

Although I fail to see why they chose to put so much emphasis on your tattoos when the story doesn't relate to them. Oh wait, The Sun....

Back
Top Bottom