What's everyone up to this bank holiday?

Soldato
Starting to feel a bit miffed that the girlfriend and I have absolutely nothing planned. I have Friday off due to summer working hours, so a 4 day weekend. At least the weather is due to be nice, but all I want to do is get out of London.

We were debating going to Reading festival for one of the days but never got round to sorting it out. Started looking at going somewhere like Bath for a couple of nights but everything is so damn expensive!

Anyone else useless and not planned anything, or is everyone on OcUK super-organised and booked flights last year? :p

Last edited:
Soldato
The SO is visiting her parents Thursday - Tuesday. So i'm going to eat, play games, have a BBQ and maybe decorate the downstairs toilet so that it's not completely wasted :p :D

Soldato
Nothing planned, will most likely do a BBQ at some point though. Make the most of the weather.

I'm off on holiday the following Friday so don't want to spend too much £ :p

Man of Honour
Day off on Friday weathers looking good so probably give the bike a clean to get rid of Wales finest muck that covered me on yesterdays ride and get out on it, then off to visit the parents for the rest of the weekend so beer and generally doing not a lot.

Permabanned
Going to get steaming drunk on the Sunday with the lady friend to celebrate her return after being away for a month, re-watch 'Stranger Things', wake up hungover as hell and spend the day recovering watching Harry Potter and eating cheese.

Soldato
Long weekend for me too with taking Friday off. Hope it's good weather so get down to the beach and at some point chuck a couple of steaks on the BBQ and chill in the garden with the family.

Soldato
I don't pay attention to bank holidays anymore as I don't get them off automatically.

I do get all those bank holidays rolled into my holiday allowance (maybe like Misschief) so its not all bad.

Man of Honour
I don't pay attention to bank holidays anymore as I don't get them off automatically.

I do get all those bank holidays rolled into my holiday allowance (maybe like Misschief) so its not all bad.

I get the same but they're automatically just stuck into the system to assume we want them off and I rarely bother to change it.

Soldato
I have the whole of next week off as I had 4 days left to take before the end of September and seemed sensible to take them next week to get the full week off thanks to the BH.

I do not have a lot planned for that specific week, but do intend to try and get out of the house at least twice :)

Back
Top Bottom