***World of Warcraft : Warlords of Draenor***

Soldato
Resubbed again in time to get a taste of the pre expansion events and try legion.

Just playing through what classes i have at 100 atm trying to see what feels like it can be a main spec for the expansion.

Was balance/resto druid before.

Majority of my toons are on Horde side of Chamber of Aspects so looking for a nice friendly guild if anyone else hangs around COA let us know :)

Btag Sharpy#2557

Last edited:
Soldato
If any of you guys are thinking of jumping back in and are guildless and looking for a friendly Horde guild, our guild on Emerald Dream - Horde - Ancient Destiny, has room for ya.

We are a small guild but will be raiding in Legion, we currently lack some range DPS but all classes are welcome, we have our own TS server, guild is made up of RL friends and ingame friends, would say 95% of us are from the UK .

Will post my Bnet Tag later (I think Sharpy has it) its Xylonite# something or other lol.

But yeah, if anyones back and looking for a Legion guild, on Horde, we have room :)

Im on weeknights from approx 7:30pm or so til around midnight.

Can't type for toffee
Don
One binding dropped 4 times int he time I've been farming.

Took my hunter in to get the Ragnaros element kill for the tome Quest, the half I've been farming for many moons on my DK dropped :( And then I found out it was Ragnaros from Firelands I needed lol

So that's Shadowmourne, Sulfarus and Windseeker done :D

I think next I'll go for the bow on me hunter, Mage is currently at the but 3x3k craft mats for the legendary staff but the wuaet is bugged atm so not bothering yet.

Associate
The intellect sword dropped last night in the invasions so I've upgraded that,huge intellect boost now & know it'll be replaced when legion arrives in a week. Just hitting old achievements & playing the auction house now.

Soldato
Started levelling a mage again, went from 20 to 30 in 2 invasions, crazy xp! he has full heirlooms though, but still the xp is mental. Im tempted to level him to 100 and then if i still have time level up a priest to 100 as well.

That will give me a 100 Warlock, Paladin, DH, DK, Mage, Priest on the same horde server ready for Legion, so plenty of choices for something to main to fill a raid spot :)

Associate
Yeah it is crazy. Made a monk at the weekend, then discovered the crazy xp you can get. He is 61 now. Need to get my druid as well to 100 before the invasions stop, started at 71 yesterday, now he is currently 78.

My server is Sporeggar. Anyone else in that same group? Defias Brotherhood, Ravenholdt etc. Basically the rppvp ones?

Soldato
Started levelling a mage again, went from 20 to 30 in 2 invasions, crazy xp! he has full heirlooms though, but still the xp is mental. Im tempted to level him to 100 and then if i still have time level up a priest to 100 as well.

That will give me a 100 Warlock, Paladin, DH, DK, Mage, Priest on the same horde server ready for Legion, so plenty of choices for something to main to fill a raid spot :)

You should try it with RAF exp and a few heirlooms. My wife and I entered the barrens at lvl 11, Got to the cross roads and by the time the Invasion ended we were around 35 lol

Soldato
Got the day to myself so thought I'd waste a few hours on the invasions but I can't log in cos of DDoS again. Suppose I'd better go and do some house cleaning, at least I'll get some honour points for that :)

Associate
Apparently best way to level with the invasions is to do stages 1 and 2, then reset it. Repeat and so on.

You've partially answered my question - how do you reset it? Just move/fly/portal a sufficient distance away from the invasion area? What happens when you go back - do you then start at stage 1 again?

I'm currently levelling a warrior in preparation for Legion and had been doing the Hillsbrad invasion whenever it was up - the toon is Undead and hence had quested through that general area, but doesn't have the whole continent's-worth of flyable locations. I know I could go back to Undercity, get the zep to Org and do the Org gate one relatively easily in addition to Hillsbrad, but haven't been arsed in practice.

He's got 'looms on headgear, shoulders, body, legs, weapons and trinkets and I've been able to do two whole levels each invasion run. Without needing the RAF bonus or that massively-expensive elixir that increases your XP, could I be getting a better return, or bearing in mind that the toon is nearing level 60, is two whole levels per invasion about right?

Trouble is, I do it the honest way, start fighting a mob and carry on until it's dead. As a melee character, should I just be hitting the mob a couple of times and then moving on to another? I've watched numerous YouTube clips that would seem to suggest that this 'tag and move' strategy is the case, particularly for casters/ranged, but does it a) also apply for melee and b) would it give the same amount of XP as me killing the mob outright?

Last edited:
Associate
You need to tag as many mobs as possible - should yield around 4 levels per invasion. I've taken a Priest from 1-80 this method so far (ranged does make it much easier though!), though the Exp does slow down a bit after 60.

Associate
You need to tag as many mobs as possible - should yield around 4 levels per invasion. I've taken a Priest from 1-80 this method so far (ranged does make it much easier though!), though the Exp does slow down a bit after 60.

He's currently level 56, so four levels in one go would take me over the magic level 60 mark - tempted to then just boost it if it's still not 100 by Legion launch day ... getting my DK, DH and Shadow Priest under way with the Legion zones and content is far higher priority.

Associate
I just tab through every mob and cycle the monk lightning on them for one tick. Can reset by relogging in an inn I was told. I've not tried it myself yet, only learnt that's what people were doing last night. I was doing the whole lot then waiting for them to respawn!

Back
Top Bottom