Anyone done Amsterdam recently ?

Caporegime
OP
I'm going with northern swedes. They think it's t shirt weather unless there's 6 inches of snow.

We were looking g at getting the Amsterdam card for 4 days about 70 euros on public transport and a bundle of museums and crap thrown in.

Going to have to calculate if it's worth it. Maybe just pay entrance to places we wanna go to and walk rather than carpet bomb it.

Ann Frank's house? Worth it? I heard conflicting tales. Particularly long queue s...

Soldato
I'm looking to visit the dam for the first time with the missus early next year, we want to be near to most of the good stuff, but just outside so perhaps we aren't paying such a premium for it, hoping to be able to just walk to a few coffee shops, museums etc, where would people recommend?

Associate
i went in november a few years ago and it snowed heavily, even delayed our flight.

get a place in the city center and just ride the tram around town.

avoid tourist traps selling rubbish like 'the bulldog'

Associate
Van Gough and the Rijksmuseum are probably both worth a shout.

If you plan to visit Anne Franks house, get there early, queues are huge.

Other than that you have a fair few suggestions already.

Taxis are expensive (especially unsolicited) and unnecessary. Public transport is very good, and you can rent bicycles almost anywhere.

Weather then wasn't so bad last year in November.

Most dutch people speak English very well.

Dank Je (pronounced Ye) Wel (thank you)
Alst U blieft (You're Welcome)

I'd just say enjoy yourselves, and avoid most touristy places, they tend to be crap.

Back
Top Bottom