cornflake price hike shocker!

Soldato
Actually average prices have dropped over the last 2 years with a bit of a price war in the Supermarkets.

Sanctions on Russia meant europe having a large surplus of food.

When one supermarket starts passing on the lowered prices it has a knock on effect with the other supermarkets it competes with on price.

Caporegime
how do you think sugar is a substitute for fat? :confused:

I know I told you this before but read salt sugar fat which explains how and why this happens. There's been plenty of to programs that explained the bliss point of foods and how they substitute fat for sugar.

People always miss this when they say for example that Aldi brand is as good as the market leader. Most of the time when I have then compared the label they contain more salt or sugar.

I know I told you this before but read salt sugar fat which explains how and why this happens. There's been plenty of to programs that explained the bliss point of foods and how they substitute fat for sugar.

People always miss this when they say for example that Aldi brand is as good as the market leader. Most of the time when I have then compared the label they contain more salt or sugar.

I recently watched "that sugar film", I always try to keep up on relatively healthy eating research (putting into practice isn't so easy I admit). Although now I think i see why more than before.
I was stunned how a guy who basically ate hardly any processed sugar could change so dramatically in such a short period of eating sugar.
Although the key is that different sugar acts differently in the body.
Putting this into context, he was eating things like low fat yogurt, and also balancing his calories to a similar amount to the diet switch. He wasn't eating junk food, mainly food marketed at as as healthy.
He drank a smoothie when he landed in the US that contained something like 140 grams of sugar.

Soldato
I recently watched "that sugar film", I always try to keep up on relatively healthy eating research (putting into practice isn't so easy I admit). Although now I think i see why more than before.
I was stunned how a guy who basically ate hardly any processed sugar could change so dramatically in such a short period of eating sugar.
Although the key is that different sugar acts differently in the body.
Putting this into context, he was eating things like low fat yogurt, and also balancing his calories to a similar amount to the diet switch. He wasn't eating junk food, mainly food marketed at as as healthy.
He drank a smoothie when he landed in the US that contained something like 140 grams of sugar.

Can anyone explain this post to me? What was he before, what did he change and what was he after?

Can anyone explain this post to me? What was he before, what did he change and what was he after?

Hard to fully explain quickly

He normally ate pretty much unprocessed/low processed foods so meat, eggs, advocado was his breakfast. He swapped to cereal and low fat yogurt for that meal. The healthy cereal and low fat yogurt contained iirc about 13 spoons of sugar.

Soldato
Erm, okay... and they made a movie of how someone swapped what they ate for breakfast? You said you were stunned at how it changed him? Care to share with us as I have to say, I don't think I'll be watching this movie.

Erm, okay... and they made a movie of how someone swapped what they ate for breakfast? You said you were stunned at how it changed him? Care to share with us as I have to say, I don't think I'll be watching this movie.

It changed him massively, weight, energy, blood markers, fat in his liver etc etc

I'm not typing the whole film out for you, if your interested in this stuff watch it, if your not don't lol.

But to summarise the main issue was sugar and the difference in the forms of sugar and how it affected the body.

Soldato
Sugar is the devil

I swapped my cereal for sausages and have gone from a 32" waist to a 36". Might sound like I have put on weight, but I do feel much better.

Caporegime
Sugar is the devil

I swapped my cereal for sausages and have gone from a 32" waist to a 36". Might sound like I have put on weight, but I do feel much better.

Thats exactly what it sounds like :p!

Weight isn't necessarily unhealthy though. Excessive sugar certainly is.

Back
Top Bottom