Change in the law for German fathers

Soldato
A nutter woman (Complete monster) that happens to be a sister of a guy I know had convinced a lad she had slept with at a party, that the kid that she was having was his. He was a bit of a soft lad and accepted it and bought her loads of stuff for the kid. New cot, pushchair, car seat etc. He took her to loads of appointments and put a deposit down on a flat (Luckily only rented).. Fair enough really taking responsibility.

Until the day the kid was born and was.. Black!

Apparently he was there in the delivery room and she tried to convince him that it sometimes happens! LOL! The doc turned to him and basically went No... No..... No... And then she told the doctor to eff off as well as him and he wasn't getting a penny back or any of the gear. This was all in the delivery room.

I couldn't see her telling anyone who she slept with and possibly didn't even have a clue.

Associate
A nutter woman (Complete monster)

Apparently he was there in the delivery room and she tried to convince him that it sometimes happens! LOL! The doc turned to him and basically went No... No..... No... And then she told the doctor to eff off as well as him and he wasn't getting a penny back or any of the gear. This was all in the delivery room.

QUOTE]

I bet the lad was **** but at least he got out of jail card straight away minus all the money he had lost. Best time for it to happen at that point :o

Soldato
after seeing a friend totally destroyed after finding out his son at the age of ten wasn't his was horrible to see.

This was my first thought on reading the OP, I think if I were in that situation I would rather not know he wasn't mine tbh, couldn't imagine how it would feel to find out my little boy wasn't actually mine!!

Caporegime
15% of all CM claims are done so fraudulently in the knowledge they are not the father.

According to available CSA figures, 0.2% of cases processed by the CSA were found to have the wrong father named by the mother.

Of that 0.2%, ~15% were found to have been named fraudulently. Allowing for obvious discrepancies, stating "15% of all CM claims...." sounds sligthly disingenous to me

Last edited:
Caporegime
Doubt it would happen but I think a DNA test should be done at the point of a birth of the baby. This way no time (minus how ever long the test took) is wasted with years of harbouring feelings and disappointment when they find out they aren't the daddy after all. Extra benefits are screening for know types of illness etc. from a young age as well.
Heck lets just DNA screen and profile everyone.

I know a lot of people will say oh that's over the top etc. and to a point I would agree it might seem extreme but after seeing a friend totally destroyed after finding out his son at the age of ten wasn't his was horrible to see. We all knew his EX was nasty but not to that level with all the years of CSA payments and strong family connections and bonds seemingly destroyed over night. Personally in these cases I would like to see the said lady in question charged with some level of crime once again will never happen. You could understand someone not being 100% sure i.e. two close relationships etc but most normal people who disclose or discuss that before hand so everyone knows the risk. but when the other person was sleeping around knowing what they were doing I think its horrible.
It's worrying that in the cases where women have been proven to have wrongly named a father, no prosecutions have taken place. And its even more bonkers that in the UK at least, paternity fraud is not a criminal offence (though obviously making a false statement on a legal document is).

Sorry to highjack but DNA testing on all birth would be my solution to stopping fathers having to claim anything back years down the line or like my friend basically got a "tough luck old bean nothing back for you" response.
I'd be intrigued to know why the CSA think its ok to backdate missed Child support (I don't disagree with this), but not ok to demand reimbursement for monies obtained under falsehoods.

Soldato
According to available CSA figures, 0.2% of cases prosecuted by the CSA were found to have the wrong father named by the mother.

Of that 0.2%, ~15% were found to have been named fraudulently. Allowing for obvious discrepancies, stating "15% of all CM claims...." sounds sligthly disingenous to me

Platypus... As someone who has sent 3 FOI requests to the CSA I can tell you that of challenged cases 15% were proven to be not the father. Note: These are just dads who can/could at the time afford to have the CSA recognised DNA test.

Of when I had my last FOI 70,000 mums were on the system vs 1,000,000 plus men. Proportionally its not feckless fathers that are the issue. Its feckless mothers. Only 1/3 make regular payments (3months plus) vs 2/3 fathers. Women also only pay on average 50% of what dads do £19 vs £38.

I am tempted to dig my CSA folder out and go through the questions. I do remember the CSA fairly recently made children of a second family homeless by forcing a sale of home.

Associate
Associate
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37215684

Sounds fair enough if someone has been blindly paying for a child that isn't his after being deceived by the mother, I'd wager getting the maintenance payments back from another man (assuming not some deadbeat) would be far easier than getting them back from a single mother who is probably pressed a bit financially.

I see a problem with this, what if the real father does not know, the mother hid it from him. The money should be paid back by the mother.
The father that didn't know has lost out on many years that the other father had, the victim here are 2 fathers and the child, the criminal is the mother.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Platypus... As someone who has sent 3 FOI requests to the CSA I can tell you that of challenged cases 15% were proven to be not the father. Note: These are just dads who can/could at the time afford to have the CSA recognised DNA test. e.

Given that your figures differ so much from their official ones, could you provide this evidence? It shouldn't be hard given all of your FOI requests.

Prosecuted should have said processed. As I noted above, it's not a criminal offence.

Last edited:
Soldato
A nutter woman (Complete monster) that happens to be a sister of a guy I know had convinced a lad she had slept with at a party, that the kid that she was having was his. He was a bit of a soft lad and accepted it and bought her loads of stuff for the kid. New cot, pushchair, car seat etc. He took her to loads of appointments and put a deposit down on a flat (Luckily only rented).. Fair enough really taking responsibility.

I couldn't see her telling anyone who she slept with and possibly didn't even have a clue.

LUL OH MYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Soldato
Given that your figures differ so much from their official ones, could you provide this evidence? It shouldn't be hard given all of your FOI requests.

Prosecuted should have said processed. As I noted above, it's not a criminal offence.

I will dig them out but may have to be in the next few days as pretty sure they are living in the loft.

Soldato
No worries, and don't think I'm having a dig at you. I'm genuinely interested to know what the actual figures are.

I have 2 or 3 requests. 15% are the results from contested cases but they are only those able to afford (or equally by the same token) who suspect they may not be the father.

Soldato
Unfortunately the guy almost drank himself to death as a result and had to have his stomach pumped or whatever they do now. What a nasty piece of work she was...

Yeah that's horrid.

I'm not typing LUL as in laughing at his misfortune/making a joke of it. More oh my.... complete utter shock/disbelief....

Soldato
No worries, weird thing is that she was such a horror that I am surprised that she got laid not once but at least twice! Maybe she has magic lady bits as she was not attractive in the least and she certainly didn't have a nice personality.

Just goes to show how conniving and deceitful some women can be..

Back
Top Bottom