New bike time - 2013 Triumph Explorer

Soldato
I've been eyeing these up since they were launched as a replacement for my last BMW 1150GS. As I mentioned in a previous discussion on these I was unconvinced of the triple versus IL4, twins and boxers but having ridden it today I am converted! The power delivery on this 1215cc triple is amazing, way better than the 955 I previously tried.
The seating position is so comfortable but I think it may benefit from a gel insert on the seat as although it is wide enough, it is a little hard.

I'm looking out of the window waiting for the dealer to drop it off, and I'm like an overexcited kid waiting for santa to arrive!!!

Strangely the photo has a dent in the exhaust which isn't there in real life.
Factory fog lights, heated grips and sump guard sealed the deal for me.

Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200

Associate
I personally think that the tiger is the best looking adventure bike out of them all.

I had a look at one when I went to collect some accessories but I think Triumph went a bit OTT with all the different versions.

As for the seat you can buy comfort ones from Triumph.

Associate
Nice, I do like the Triumph adventure bikes. Not that I'll ever be able to own one as I wouldn't be able to touch the floor :D

You could always have a look at the Tiger 800 XCX Low - I had one for a week whilst my bike was in for some work and it was considerably lower than standard, and a very nice ride.

Soldato
These are awesome bikes. My mate took one to the Alps with me earlier this year and today we went out together around Norfolk. The XR is quicker for sure, but if the Explorer gets the jump on you then you have to work pretty hard to catch up. Great engine and chassis. Oddly skinny tyres but it doesn't seem to suffer as a result.

Associate
I love the look of the 'new' Tigers, just waiting for them to filter down to my price point used :p

I was chatting to a bloke with an 800 who didn't rate it much, so glad to hear you like yours!

Soldato
Great engine on these. I considered one but the weight of the bike put me off - nearly 40kg heavier than the 1200 GS. If you're coming from an 1150 though you won't notice the weight and it will be a huge upgrade :)

Associate
After our trip to the Alps my uncle has swapped his MT09 in for an 800 tiger. My dad was looking to do the same with his street triple but found it under powered when he test rode it, he's now test ridden a few others and the 1200GS seems to have sold itself.

Associate
I keep looking at either the XC version or the Tiger Sport but need to get upto a Triumph dealer and have a ride/play as although I would love one I am not sure about getting back into biking with a spinal injury.

Back
Top Bottom