Selling the Mrs' excess breast milk - Is it legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Depending on your local area, it can be donated and is used to help feed new-borns when the mother is having trouble producing enough or with the child unable to latch on.

My oldest was quite small at birth and the maternity unit provided some for the first few days while she was learning how to feed properly. This was a massive help and my wife later donated milk back after both children to repay the help.

We are eternally grateful for this scheme. Anyone who disses the care from Countess of Chester maternity unit gets an earful from me.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
You should donate it to premature babies / mothers who can't breastfeed, not sell it :/

Also, there is a dadsnet thread on here that is more appropriate for this question.

Unless you didn't require a sensible answer of course.

BB x

Transmission breaker
Don
If the baby is winding down on eating, stop expressing it! The more you express the more the boob makes more!

It will be uncomfortable, but best thing to do is only express what is needed, and let milk production reduce naturally. It won't take long!

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
If the baby is winding down on eating, stop expressing it! The more you express the more the boob makes more!

It will be uncomfortable, but best thing to do is only express what is needed, and let milk production reduce naturally. It won't take long!

This ^^^ also it is probably more uncomfortable when your OH's boobs are full all the time.

You know you have hit a low point in life when you are posting on a tech forum asking for advice on selling your wife's breast milk.

icon14.gif

BB x

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Must surely be illegal, infectious diseases can transmitted via breast milk.

In a clinical setting it would be carefully stored and monitored in dedicated refrigerators, not next to your packet of Dairylea Dunkers :D

OP, have a look at this website: http://onlythebreast.co.uk/how-to-buy-sell/breast-milk-and-donor-screening/

Precaution that a family receiving breast milk can take:
◾Have the breastfeeding seller screened by blood-work tests like what is done at a milk bank. These would include HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis and Human T-lymphotropic virus (HTLV). If your donor has been screened, make sure that the tests are current.
◾If the seller does not have recent test results available request for them to go get tested and provide you the results. A 3rd party donor screening/blood testing service is found at accesalabs.com , scroll down and choose
“Breast Milk Donor Screening, This panel is used to screen breast milk donors.”

◾Get a letter from the breast milk donor’s doctor that says that the seller’s milk will not risk the health to her child and is in good health.
◾Ask the seller for documents that show past health history, similar to what you would fill out at the doctors office or what donors would complete at milk banks.
◾Have the seller or receiver of breast milk pasteurize the milk
◾Studies have shown that unpasteurized milk may have bacteria . ALL MILK MUST BE PASTEURIZED BEFORE USE.
Please see our at home pasteurization tips..
◾Get to know your breast milk donor by talking with them about their lifestyle.
◾Talk with your breast milk seller about what they are doing proper hygiene when handling breast milk.
◾Talk with the seller about following all the terms and conditions of this site including not adding in any adulterations such as cow’s milk.

Soldato
Interested but I'll need to be present during the milking. I don't want to fobbed off with any old rubbish. I've already got clean gloves and a bucket so I'm pretty much all set.

Last edited:
Associate
My good God, obviously there's a lot of WTF with this entire proposition, but increased cost as your wife is pretty attractive?

Seriously hoping troll post, or RIP humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom