NEW Peugeot 3008 - 2017 model

Don

Would welcome your opinions.

Compared to the Audi Virtual Cockpit then that looks pretty terrible... to much animation and (in my opinion) naff visual effects. The Audi's by contrast is Simple, and is visually a similar style to the analogue clocks it replaces - in 10 years time I don't think it will look out of place - the Peugeot's I think will age terribly.

For comparison

Soldato
I don't like virtual cockpits, HUD tech is far more useful in my opinion, keeps my eyes on the road and is a lot more intuitive than I thought it would be.

Soldato
OP
I like the audi too but i'll bet its way more expensive.
Right now, i love the look of the new 3008 and its at my price point (i think and hope)
And seeing as the dash is software driven surely they can just update it should it start to look aged?

Soldato
Compared to the Audi Virtual Cockpit then that looks pretty terrible... to much animation and (in my opinion) naff visual effects. The Audi's by contrast is Simple, and is visually a similar style to the analogue clocks it replaces - in 10 years time I don't think it will look out of place - the Peugeot's I think will age terribly.

For comparison

but if its anything like the C4 Picasso you have several 'skins' to choose from and within each skin multiple layout options.

Soldato
Latest Jags have the full TFT screen. Same as the 2010 XJ but its moved on with Incontrol Touch Pro now in 2016 XJ.

Its a skin really so just depends how its implemented, the screens are fundamentally the same aside from resolution; curved OLED will make a nice bit of progress though when they start appearing.

Last edited:
Don
I have TFT instruments in the XJ and TBH they are a lot less useful then I thought they would be. I mean, I don't see that they offer anything over and above having normal clocks with a screen between them beyond the coolness factor.

Soldato
Having just Googled it what do u find stunning about that op? It looks like a Nissan Juke from the front and the new Sportage from the back! It's just another pimped out crossover with a lame Diesel engine.
Plus most of the poverty spec and normal models are gonna look even worse than the top spec One that's used in all the promotion pics.

Back
Top Bottom