******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Feel free to jump on with us at pagan-sc.com

We are hopefully having a session tonight.

very kind of you to offer sadly i didn't see this until now, I am still learning the very basics of the game so for now i will keep "popping" around :)

Just bought the heavy armour in port olisar, looks cool :D. Question, what will now happen if i buy an alternate armour as far as im aware there is no where to "store" the clothing. So each time i want to change into something to wear about will i need to buy it again? This is fine as it's only alpha testing and am not expecting a finished product just wanting to make sure where to put my currency for the "now"

Really looking forward to the full launch again now, have upgraded my ship to a F7C hornet so i had a little more firepower.

Had a lot of fun exploring a comm relay just spent a few hours there in awe. If the final game continues this trend in quality and possibly even improve upon it with feature sets i will be truly sold for a long long term game. I hope they manage to tweak the performance a little struggling a little bit with a gtx 1080 and a 4.9ghz 2600k.

Caporegime
very kind of you to offer sadly i didn't see this until now, I am still learning the very basics of the game so for now i will keep "popping" around :)

Just bought the heavy armour in port olisar, looks cool :D. Question, what will now happen if i buy an alternate armour as far as im aware there is no where to "store" the clothing. So each time i want to change into something to wear about will i need to buy it again? This is fine as it's only alpha testing and am not expecting a finished product just wanting to make sure where to put my currency for the "now"

Really looking forward to the full launch again now, have upgraded my ship to a F7C hornet so i had a little more firepower.

Had a lot of fun exploring a comm relay just spent a few hours there in awe. If the final game continues this trend in quality and possibly even improve upon it with feature sets i will be truly sold for a long long term game. I hope they manage to tweak the performance a little struggling a little bit with a gtx 1080 and a 4.9ghz 2600k.

If you buy new amour the old one get hung on the wall in the shop, you don't need to rebuy it, you just equip and unequip.

They are working on performance right now.

Soldato
If you buy new amour the old one get hung on the wall in the shop, you don't need to rebuy it, you just equip and unequip.

They are working on performance right now.

Ah cool :) thanks for the info. Nice to know performance is being worked on :D. This is really bad timing for me to really be getting into this because it's making me not want to play the bf1 beta :D.

Caporegime
Ah cool :) thanks for the info. Nice to know performance is being worked on :D. This is really bad timing for me to really be getting into this because it's making me not want to play the bf1 beta :D.

The BF1 Beta is only for a couple of weeks, might as well play that for now, this will still be here once the BF1 Beta is gone.

But if its anything like Battlefront i'm not buying it, its good to start with but then it becomes boring, it also starts to annoy the crap out of me with its mindless run and wave your gun around CoD style mechanic, its clearly geared at 12 year olds, the maps are not designed with any element of intelligence.

I have already had a quick go on it this morning, was killed by a guy on a horse with a sword, i was trying to shoot him off as he was going past from what looked to me like a safe distance, at least 15 feet away, how long are those swords?

Its things like that, where you think about it and then act intelligently, only to find that the developers really don't give a #### about any of that, just award the kill because it will make you feel good about being on a horse, if you're 12.

Turned it off immediately, i'll go back to it later and give it another chance.

Last edited:
Soldato
The BF1 Beta is only for a couple of weeks, might as well play that for now, this will still be here once the BF1 Beta is gone.

But if its anything like Battlefront i'm not buying it, its good to start with but then it becomes boring, it also starts to annoy the crap out of me with its mindless run and wave your gun around CoD style mechanic, its clearly geared at 12 year olds, the maps are not designed with any element of intelligence.

I have already had a quick go on it this morning, was killed by a guy on a horse with a sword, i was trying to shoot him off as he was going past from what looked to me like a safe distance, at least 15 feet away, how long are those swords?

Its things like that, where you think about it and then act intelligently, only to find that the developers really don't give a #### about any of that, just award the kill because it will make you feel good about being on a horse, if you're 12.

Turned it off immediately, i'll go back to it later and give it another chance.

I sadly have to agree, i turned it off after 2 games, my main issue currently with it is that i am not a fan of game modes that include vehicles as i prefer massively to play infantry only style games and the beta does not offer this and the OP vehicles really ruin this for me.

Back on star citizen had a couple of crashes today tweaking a few bits. Watching some of the 10 for the Chairman episodes.

Soldato
Yeah I'm getting horrible stuttering in 2.5. Unplayable at the moment so hoping for a patch soon.

Hey, i was stuttering a lot too, i found a little " fix " for it.

If you check your cpu usage in task manager ( per core view ) you may see that one of your cores is pinned at 100% what you want to do is note down what core this is ( in my case core 3 ) and go into task manager again onto the details tab for star citizen and right click the exe and change the affinity and turn OFF the core you noted early.

This in my case caused the game to then use all my cores and run a lot smoother, my frame rate still sits in the mid to high twenty's but it's now got a lot less stutter and no frame drops really.

I hope this helps :)

Soldato
Hey Guys.

Thinking of pulling the trigger and getting Star Citizen. I don't have the time to get into a group game so I will probably go solo. What would you go for in terms of package to buy ? Any other tips, feedback or ideas most welcome.

TIA

Soldato
Hey Guys.

Thinking of pulling the trigger and getting Star Citizen. I don't have the time to get into a group game so I will probably go solo. What would you go for in terms of package to buy ? Any other tips, feedback or ideas most welcome.

TIA

It depends if you want to do the who starting in a small ship and working your way up thing, or starting off in a decent sized all rounder that could last you your entire time in game?

If it's the first one, the aurora LN game package.

If it's the second, one of the Freelancer packs.

Also, Test Squadron is best squadron.

Associate
I cant help but always recommend the bare minimum to newcomers, which is the Aurora MR or Mustang Alpha packages preferably the one that also includes SQ42 if you fancy the single player campaign (intended to be AAA in length and quality) which we're all expecting to see something of on Oct 9th @ CitizenCon - hopefully with some indication of when it'll be released because that time last year they said 2016 and i dont think many thought that plausible (ive always thought Easter 2017).
Its a $15 add-on, even if you dont buy it with the initial purchase, so easy enough to hold off if you want.

The main reason for just getting the minimum is because you can always upgrade later, get used to the game, get a feeling for what ships are out there (any which are currently build, you'll be able to find someone on the server that'd likely have it and let you have a nosey, take it for a spin too). Its all extremely flexible.

If you pick it up, theres been a few 'beginners guide' type posts the last couple of weeks which could be linked or quoted, theres no kind of tutorial or in-game guide yet so its a lot to take in.

Soldato
Hey Guys.

TIA

I would get one of the cheapest things to just get into the game, they offer a really nice service of part exchanging your old stuff so for instance if you own a ship that cost £25 and was looking at a ship that costs £50 to buy straight up you may be able to upgrade your £25 ship to the £50 ship for £30 so you don't need to plunge a lump sum again.

I would recommend trying to get in with someone you know however as it will help a lot for learning the many basic mechanics of the game.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
UxHnT7S.gif

a498fL6.gif

Some gifs someone made from the latest ATV :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
I cant see a +SQ42 addon, im sure they said that was a thing, maybe its visible/available if your account doesnt have it so people dont just spend $15 expecting that to be the game itself.

Aurora MR - aka the space skip :D tough but not one for dogfighting with
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-MR-Star-Citizen-Squadron-42-Combo

Mustang Alpha - fragile but nimble
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Mustang-Alpha-Star-Citizen-Squadron-42-Combo

Both of those are £46.80 incl 20% VAT for the Star Citizen (MMO) and Squadron 42 (SP Campaign), or £35.10 for just the ship & SC.

Also, to clarify Harrys comment - "upgrade your £25 ship to the £50 ship for £30"
Im assuming thats adding 20% tax on the £25 upgrade, rather than dubious arithmetic :D

Oh, and last week i made a thinly veiled threat that if nobody used my referral code to finally get me my 5th referral, giving me a virtual fish tank and space golf-cart/buggy, in the next week, i'd still buy the virtual fish and let them flap around on the hangar floor :D

Dont suppose you need a referral code by any chance :D (You get 5,000 game credits (UEC, worth $5) when you spend more than $40 and i get the 5th referral i've waited 4 months for!! to get those novelty virtual items).

All the fluff is here - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/referral-program

Associate
UxHnT7S.gif

a498fL6.gif

Some gifs someone made from the latest ATV :eek:

Anyone watching on mobile, say goodbye to 36mb of data :D

12.4mb & 21.5mb they are! Gorgeous though. Its how my Starfarer will likely look within 10min of flying within a 100,000km range of a desert planet. I just cannot judge the size of it and end up blowing up. I took a mate to go find Grim-HEX the other day, he wanted me to spawn a 2-seater, and after EVA'ing to his strut on Olisar, and not being too impressed when he got to the landing pad and saw i'd spawned an Argo :)D) we went out in the Starfarer, didnt try 2.4 at all, got into the asteroid field and realised it'd be faster coming at it from a different angle and QD'ing there. Got just close enough to see the landing pads when i clipped one of the asteroid cables and blew up :D

It always used to be the double-tap forward that killed us in the past, doing it to nudge forward slightly, and it interprets it as 'go to 100% throttle' and by the time ive brought the throttle back towards reverse ive already hit something and got us all killed :D

At least in the PU i'll have a Reclaimer to go scoop it all up and sell as scrap :D

Back
Top Bottom