**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Associate
Bit the bullet and bought this last night. Estimated delivery on the 15th... 9 whole days!

I order mine last Wednesday, it was dispatched on the Thursday and in my hand on the Friday. Seems they go long the estimates to avoid complaints on the odd few that get delayed.

Soldato
Aye, I ordered mine (Soft Gold) on 26th August and the estimated delivery was 7th September. Only a few hours after ordering I got an email update and it had been dispatched and the new date was 1st September, which was correct.

Also decided to ditch Vodafone and go with Three; my number is being ported over today so I'll get to start using it properly :) also after seeing someone else on here get one I got the TPU Spigen case, just to be on the safe side.

I've only used it for installing a few apps so far, but coming from a Note 3 it's utterly glorious. It's smooth, fast, oozes quality (imo) and considering it's technically on a par with the latest 'big brand' devices I cannot believe it's selling for £329. Mental.

Soldato
Comparing the in hand feel with my OP3 nd Note 7, OP3 wins it for me. It feels so good on the hand and the metal back is so good compared to the greasy mess of the N7s glass back. The metal feels so much better especially when it's cold. A very clean design all round. Love the chamfer too.

Soldato
Aye, I ordered mine (Soft Gold) on 26th August and the estimated delivery was 7th September. Only a few hours after ordering I got an email update and it had been dispatched and the new date was 1st September, which was correct.

Also decided to ditch Vodafone and go with Three; my number is being ported over today so I'll get to start using it properly :) also after seeing someone else on here get one I got the TPU Spigen case, just to be on the safe side.

I've only used it for installing a few apps so far, but coming from a Note 3 it's utterly glorious. It's smooth, fast, oozes quality (imo) and considering it's technically on a par with the latest 'big brand' devices I cannot believe it's selling for £329. Mental.

Which shipping did you use ? Free or £5.99?

Soldato
Since I got my OP3 I've been struggling with keeping my data usage within the 2GB I have in my contract (never had this trouble on my iPhone 5S :D), but EE rang me and offered me a retention offer of unlimited texts/minutes and 25GB data for £19.99, so all is well now ;)

Associate
Since I got my OP3 I've been struggling with keeping my data usage within the 2GB I have in my contract (never had this trouble on my iPhone 5S :D), but EE rang me and offered me a retention offer of unlimited texts/minutes and 25GB data for £19.99, so all is well now ;)

I'm finding the same thing.

For me I never really got a good 3g signal.
With the one's 4g connection it's just as fast than my Virgin media cable. So I'm using the data more often as its much more useful.

Soldato
I'm finding the same thing.

For me I never really got a good 3g signal.
With the one's 4g connection it's just as fast than my Virgin media cable. So I'm using the data more often as its much more useful.

Definitely, I consistently pull around 70Mb on EE in a big town/city.

Also I've noticed apps like Google Music uses a fair chunk of data in the background even when playing downloaded tracks in 'downloaded only' mode, I had to disable background data for that app just to stop it using about 500Mb per month for what seems like no reason...!

Soldato
My order has been shipped... Yay, three big cheers all round!

However I can't track it, there is no tracking info on the website or in the email. Any ideas if I can track it anywhere?

Edit: Following advice earlier in the thread, I've used their online help service to get my shipping info. It's currently in Poland! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
My order has been shipped... Yay, three big cheers all round!

However I can't track it, there is no tracking info on the website or in the email. Any ideas if I can track it anywhere?

Edit: Following advice earlier in the thread, I've used their online help service to get my shipping info. It's currently in Poland! :D
If it's shipped using same courier/etc as mine was, you might have to wait until it either leaves the warehouse or arrives in country.

Once that happens you should see a track option from the entry under My Orders on their site i think.

Soldato
I just got an email saying that mine has been shipped, I've used priority shipping. Does anybody know roughly how long it takes to arrive?

Ah I've just seen expected date 13th. I go on holiday on the 14th so won't get to play with it till I get back :(

Last edited:
Associate
What are people's thoughts on the OP3 vs. the incoming Pixel (Nexus). From what I gather the leaked Pixel specs seem on-par rather than better than the OP3, and looks like it will be more expensive to boot.
Is it crazy to order a OP3 now (my G4 is knackered)? Waiting another month on the Pixel will take a lot of willpower and looks like it won't be worth it.

Soldato
They do seem to have gone back to using DHL again now, usually on a next day delivery service, after using UPS for a short time a few weeks ago, but they don't appear to be doing so at the moment.

As mentioned earlier, anyone who has been advised that there phone has been dispatched can always ask the on-line chat team for the tracking number, so you can then follow it's progress across Europe!

Soldato
They do seem to have gone back to using DHL again now, usually on a next day delivery service, after using UPS for a short time a few weeks ago, but they don't appear to be doing so at the moment.

As mentioned earlier, anyone who has been advised that there phone has been dispatched can always ask the on-line chat team for the tracking number, so you can then follow it's progress across Europe!

Which is what I did and I can confirm mine is with DHL.

I paid the extra for express delivery. Is it too much to expect it here tomorrow if it's coming from Poland? What are peoples' experiences?

Soldato
A lot of customers have received their's the day after it was dispatched, as has been mentioned in a specific UK Shipping thread on the 'official' OnePlus Forums, which can be found at: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/shipping-times-uk.454572/page-30#post-15223623

However a number of the recent comments on there are from folk who have had to wait longer than expected for their phones, as some were apparently dispatched 'out of sequence', which has not unsurprisingly upset more than a few customers!

Back
Top Bottom