******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
OP
Wave 16 onwards use to be fairly easy as you could cheese-it around asteroids and they'd either run into them or missiles would hit the asteroids instead of you, bit harder now though!

It's been a whilst since we did a coop vanduul swarm, should be a laugh!

Soldato
OP
yeah just hop on the teamspeak server on friday around 9pm mate, dont' expect it to work first time, might take a couple of attempts due to disconnections, been a while since we tried so I'm not sure if it's improved :D

pagan-sc.enjinvoice.com

Soldato
OP
Ah cool, new an updated T16000M was coming, hadn't realised they were doing a throttle too - very sweet :D It's a shame one of those sticks on the throttle isn't analog. Minor problem though.

Soldato
I havent touched SC for about 6 months so might update it this weekend and dust off the joystick.

Just logged in and i have 357,000 rec even after spending 50k in feb on a m50, vanguard and gladiator which still have time to be used i think. On a side note if anyone wants to try and of the rec purchaseable ships ill be more than happy to log on SC and gun for you while you fly one.

My hanger should have a Super Hornet and Cutlass then m50, Gladiator and Vanguard on rec loan and im willing to rent whatever.

Associate
Any news on the Star Citizen HOTAS? I remember ages ago seeing some pictures which looked very good.

I hope they are out for SQ42 :D

Those prototype mock-ups did look sexy...

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/15/9540153/star-citizens-custom-joystick-looks-positively-stunning#ooid=JheDQ3eDpgPlO_p4yw9IKUzugtbLNXJX

Some gossip on Saitek / Mad Catz in this reddit thread from 4 months ago -
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4gejjq/what_happened_to_the_star_citizen_saitek_hotas/

My main gripe is they still need to sort out the gimballed weapons as mouse players have a huge advantage over HOTAS users which makes PVP unbalanced IMO. This is why you get owned when playing Battle Royale with a Joystick or HOTAS.

I prefer the Elite Dangerous model where the gimbal will lock onto the target if you are within range and pointing in the general direction of the target.

I'm sure there are some who will say use a dual joystick etc... but I'm really not able to aim and fly using two joysticks, its really to much to expect from a casual gamer.

Soldato
$20m, thats how you get No Man's Sky, Star Wars Battlefront, its not anything like enough for Star Citizen.

If what you want is No Man's Sky then yes stop at $20m, to do what people actually want it is going to cost $100m+.

How much do you think it costs to hire someone like Brian Chambers for 3 years? yes.... thats 10% of your budget gone on one bloke.

No Brian Chambers = none of this...

Brian Chambers is a god among men.

All praise the Chambers!

Associate
Well i just bit the bullet against the will of my wallet and ordered the A-10c, will have to map rudder to a hat for the time being until i can get myself some rudder pedals!

Roll on saturday!

Welcome to the Warthog club!

In SC it's best to have yaw/pitch on stick and roll on pedals or hat. Roll doesn't need to be precise enough to warrant stick control.

Do yourself a favour and use this profile. It's way better than the default SC Warthog settings. On the included target software script you run you can tell it whether you have pedals or not. If you do, then pedal roll is enabled. if you don't then the throttle thumb hat Back/Forward is used for roll Left/Right.

If you end up getting any pedals let me know how you get on because I'm considering some but have been managing fine without them so far.

Soldato
Those prototype mock-ups did look sexy...

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/15/9540153/star-citizens-custom-joystick-looks-positively-stunning#ooid=JheDQ3eDpgPlO_p4yw9IKUzugtbLNXJX

Some gossip on Saitek / Mad Catz in this reddit thread from 4 months ago -
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4gejjq/what_happened_to_the_star_citizen_saitek_hotas/

My main gripe is they still need to sort out the gimballed weapons as mouse players have a huge advantage over HOTAS users which makes PVP unbalanced IMO. This is why you get owned when playing Battle Royale with a Joystick or HOTAS.

I prefer the Elite Dangerous model where the gimbal will lock onto the target if you are within range and pointing in the general direction of the target.

I'm sure there are some who will say use a dual joystick etc... but I'm really not able to aim and fly using two joysticks, its really to much to expect from a casual gamer.

For arena commander maybe, not in the PU.

With the unlimited combat space available and different speed options the larger fixed guns of Hotas and HOSAS users come into play as you can get in and get out as opposed to be being stuck in a confined fixed head to head with what is essentially a stationary turret.

You can destroy a Superhormet in one pass with a fixed S3 sabre just running repeaters before he knows what direction you are coming from.

Back
Top Bottom