Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Finding the poll results rather interesting.

Find the numbers claiming the headphone jack was a deal-breaker frankly unbelievable. I suspect many of these people were swayed by other factors too.

Also surpised there's so little love for the Gold & Rose Gold options. I thought Gold was quite popular but obviously not. My current 5S is gold and I quite like it.

People jumping on the bandwagon I suspect. Even if you have invested in wired headphones that you're precious about, attach the dongle to them and the problem goes away...

I personally use the jack a fair bit, but that's only because the supplied headphones used it. I also have some MPOW BT headphones for when I'm running and they're honestly fine - so I don't think I'll miss it one bit.

I think gold and rose gold are still very popular out in the wild. On a computing forum, predominantly male, and of which space grey would have been the default choice - people will opt for the new colour on a new product.

I've personally gone for a 128Gb plus in Gold.

Soldato
People jumping on the bandwagon I suspect. Even if you have invested in wired headphones that you're precious about, attach the dongle to them and the problem goes away....

Until you wish to charge you phone, and I think that's the main gripe. Plus it appears to be a greed orientated move from Apple rather than for the sake of pushing tech forward.

Soldato
Sorry, I should have said. This is via NHS discounts so its a £60.99 contract but you get 20% off.

Its unlimted calls & texts and 10gb data.

500mb EU data & calls / texts are free

Apple music & BT sports app free for 6 months

I've got the same deal, I get 20% off through work too. I looked for an EE quidco offer and couldn't see any on the app as I was ordering on my phone. Lost out on £80 there :(

Associate
My 256gb + gold is preparing for dispatch ready for 16th, can't wait as I can also finally ditch the iPod classic :)

Looking at a few polls, few want golds this year. Personally I hate black as it's as fingerprint magnet, jet black even more so.

Associate
Some new stock appeared today. Managed to reserve 128GB black i7, even though it was out of stock most of the day yesterday in Leeds.

Soldato
People jumping on the bandwagon I suspect. Even if you have invested in wired headphones that you're precious about, attach the dongle to them and the problem goes away...

I personally use the jack a fair bit, but that's only because the supplied headphones used it. I also have some MPOW BT headphones for when I'm running and they're honestly fine - so I don't think I'll miss it one bit.

I think gold and rose gold are still very popular out in the wild. On a computing forum, predominantly male, and of which space grey would have been the default choice - people will opt for the new colour on a new product.

I've personally gone for a 128Gb plus in Gold.

I'm one of the weirdos thats gone for rose gold :)

#YOLO :)

Associate
Anyone preorder from ee and heard nothing ?

I haven't heard anything either. What are you expecting to hear?
Pre ordered through the business team on the phone yesterday morning and he said at that point then we're still expecting release date deliverys but can't garentee so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed

Ordered a 128GB Jet Black Plus on the 16GB plan
So excited! :D

Soldato
For any folks interested, had a chat with EE Retentions on the phone just 5 minutes ago. They are actually able to discount the upfront costs! :p

I've just ordered the 7 Plus 128GB in Black. They also claim to have stock and will be delivered on release day... (will not hold my breath)

- 4GEE Max Plan
- 12 month upgrade option
- 40GB data, unlim mins/texts
- Use text, mins and data abroad (I'm sure there are T&Cs on data)
- £65.99 per month
- £29.99 upfront (discounted from £149.99)

The 25GB data plan they can also discount the £99.99 upfront to £9.99. Only other thing is £7 for delivery with DPD.

EDIT: I'm obviously an existing EE customer so may have some bearing on the offer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope! Barely use 4GB data if I'm lucky at the minute. Got quite a few long weekends planned away with missus and family. So it'll come in useful, and for the fam to tether... :D

I would end up paying £65 pm anyway. I wanted the 7+ 128GB via the Apple upgrade program originally, which would be £43 pm and £49 upfront. Then I was going to stick with EE anyway (best coverage and 4G speeds in my area) which would be a further £19.99 pm for the 8GB data on SIM only.

So EE doing this deal direct, with a whack more data for less upfront. Thought why not...

I did have a look at other networks, Three/Vodafone both had slightly less a month deals. But I've been with Vodafone before and they are crap, CS is god awful. Three 4G isn't anywhere near as good or widely covered as EE.

Last edited:

HAz

HAz

Soldato
For any folks interested, had a chat with EE Retentions on the phone just 5 minutes ago. They are actually able to discount the upfront costs! :p

I've just ordered the 7 Plus 128GB in Black. They also claim to have stock and will be delivered on release day... (will not hold my breath)

- 4GEE Max Plan
- £65.99 per month

The 25GB data plan they can also discount the £99.99 upfront to £9.99. Only other thing is £7 for delivery with DPD.

EDIT: I'm obviously an existing EE customer so may have some bearing on the offer.

I bet that's for phone orders only not if ordered online

Associate

- 4GEE Max Plan
- £65.99 per month

Did you ask to speak to the retentions team or did you request to cancel ?

I'm with ee but have a f&f discount which I'll lose once I upgrade.

How,does their 12 moth upgrade work compared? Also the upfront cost. Did you just ask for it to be discounted or did you have to push?

Soldato
I bet that's for phone orders only not if ordered online

Well obviously you have to ring up to get the discounted rate? How else would you do it? I did say I was on the phone with retentions team... :p

Did you ask to speak to the retentions team or did you request to cancel ?

I'm with ee but have a f&f discount which I'll lose once I upgrade.

How,does their 12 moth upgrade work compared? Also the upfront cost. Did you just ask for it to be discounted or did you have to push?

Just rang 150 selected option for upgrades/leaving, then the option for leaving. Got straight through to a lass on the retentions team.

I didn't even say I wanted to leave, I just said I'm comparing some deals and wondered what they could do. Straight up told me the discounted upfront costs she could do on the plans as an existing customer.

The 12 month upgrade works very similar to Apple's. Come the 12 month mark, you have to hand the phone back to EE then you can setup a new agreement with them for a new phone/deal etc.

Last edited:
Associate

- 4GEE Max Plan
- £65.99 per month

Ordered exact same phone and plan for £149.99 up front and £52.79 a month :D

Back
Top Bottom