Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Great video from MKBHD. However, I am now going to cancel my Jet Black due to the micro starches you can clearly see in his review on the demo unit. They would have been pristine before the preview and within an hour they have micro starches thus, it's extra prone and will look terrible after a couple of weeks use without protection. What's the point in a case when it's so stunning! Or even a rear plastic cover.

Hopefully, cancelling my JB will free it up for someone else!

Ideal if you're on the yearly upgrade program though.

Soldato
I managed to sell my 6s Plus 64GB for £500 last night, so that's cheered me up a bit and makes the £820 for its replacement at least seem a little less crippling :o

I'll be getting another Ringke Fusion (clear). Used those since my 5s and I've always loved em. Provide pretty good protection and they're not stupidly bulky either.

Have you noticed any scratches on your phone after using the case? It looks good but just worried about the cost and whether it's too cheap!

TS7

TS7

Soldato
For any folks interested, had a chat with EE Retentions on the phone just 5 minutes ago. They are actually able to discount the upfront costs! :p

I've just ordered the 7 Plus 128GB in Black. They also claim to have stock and will be delivered on release day... (will not hold my breath)

- 4GEE Max Plan
- 12 month upgrade option
- 40GB data, unlim mins/texts
- Use text, mins and data abroad (I'm sure there are T&Cs on data)
- £65.99 per month
- £29.99 upfront (discounted from £149.99)

The 25GB data plan they can also discount the £99.99 upfront to £9.99. Only other thing is £7 for delivery with DPD.

EDIT: I'm obviously an existing EE customer so may have some bearing on the offer.

I'm out the loop a bit as I've taken the buying out right approach for past few years and getting a sim only deal - but - is the above what is considered to be a good deal these days?! 66 quid a month is nuts - I assume that's an 18 month contract?

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm out the loop a bit as I've taken the buying out right approach for past few years and getting a sim only deal - but - is the above what is considered to be a good deal these days?! 66 quid a month is nuts - I assume that's an 18 month contract?

It will be a 24 month contract. That's pretty much a top of the line contract and an £820 phone.

Soldato

No I wouldn't call it a 'good deal'. But it's the best you're gonna get with EE if you want a 12 month upgrade option. I'm happy with it anyway, no I'd rather not pay £65 and it be my usual £42pm'ish. Along with the fact it's the Plus model and 128GB I'm paying a premium. So it's 'good' considering!

But I just think I get a new phone next year, along with a crap ton of data which I can tether and make use out of. So why not. :) Plus 6 months free Apple Music which is useful. And free BT Sport for duration of my contract, works for me!

It's a 24m contract but I can upgrade 12m no fee.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
It will be a 24 month contract. That's pretty much a top of the line contract and an £820 phone.

£66 x 24 + £30 = £1614

£1614 - £820 = £790

So essentially paying £33 p/m for the 40gb and unlimited minutes/texts

You can pick up a Vodafone sim only deal with unlimited minutes / texts 12gb data + roaming data + Spotify subscription for £19.20 p/m x 24 = £460).

Which would bring the total cost over 24 months to £1280 (£820 + £460) - saving a significant £334

(Of course the EE deal stated gives 40gb data but there's very few people I imagine use that amount - all it does is give a good marketing headline).

You're better off if you can forking out 820 up front or using the 0% deal Apple are offering or getting a interest free credit card. £334 extra is a lot of money to pay unless you need the 40gb data).

Or just do what makes you happy - I'm just giving another option not telling anyone what to doo :p

Soldato
Vodafone crap round here, coverage isn't as good and 4G poo. :p

And I don't look at the 24m forecast, as I'm only having the phone for a year.

I'll be upgrading again as part of EE's new 12 month upgrade on this plan.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Vodafone crap round here, coverage isn't as good and 4G poo. :p

And I don't look at the 24m forecast, as I'm only having the phone for a year.

I'll be upgrading again as part of EE's new 12 month upgrade on this plan.

Ah fair enough.

Vodafone does appear to be very hit and miss as a network heavily depending on where you based. I've been with a few networks and have found Three to be the most consistent in terms of coverage.

Associate
I'm amazed by the amount of people willing to pay £50+ per month, for a phone contract! Wow 40gb per month - I assume you don't have wifi at home?

Associate
I'm amazed by the amount of people willing to pay £50+ per month, for a phone contract! Wow 40gb per month - I assume you don't have wifi at home?

It's a skewed amount though.

I currently pay £56 a month with Three. When you take the price of the phone out of the equation (For me-£699 for a then new 6 Plus 64gb back in November 14), I'm only actually paying £31 a month for unlimited everything.

I have wi-fi at home but still find myself using well over 20gb of data a month so it serves its purpose.

Soldato
Just rechecked my order and it's the 128gb in Black I ordered...actually glad it was that as for some reason I was convinced it was the 32gb I ordered.

As for a case I'll probably pick up the black leather one. the aluminium button covers will make it a lot better to press than the leather cover on the 6S.

Soldato
No way I am leaving my 3 contract I just looked up again (had it years), £15 a month - all you can eat data - all you can eat texts - 200 minutes - which iv used 2 minutes this month so far!!! - neverrr use my phone for calling really! lol

Yeah as Rick Astley would say -- never gonna give you up, never gonna let you go...etc etc :p

Sim freeee forever!! lol, I currently own the LG G4 - I *could* switch to an iphone 6s plus OR a samsung S7 edge - iv checked the specs and the S7 edge really destroys the iphone......but then I love RAW photos on my LG G4, tough times.

Back
Top Bottom