how to get the best battery life??

Associate
OP
A problem - I disabled 120 bloatware and then my Samsung Video Player wouldn't work so I enabled it but it now crashes. One of those other 'bloats' I disabled must belong to it - any ideas?
sorry no idea. i just diabled what it suggeted. i use VLC or MX video for watching anything on my device

Associate
OP
There are various pages on the web with safe to remove stuff and with many it's easy to see or just check through a search for a package name.

its a great app. stuff like know and all were using updaes of 15% of my battery every though i have no use for them. i use metal as Facebook and messenger app all in one.
its not as streamlined but it does me as im not a hard facebook user

Associate
Use Metal instead of the Facebook app.

I tried it and it used more battery than the normal facebook app. I've tried just about every facebook skin there is and came across Lite Messenger for Facebook with integrated messenger. By far the least battery hungry version of the lot.

Associate
OP
I got rid of my s7 and went back to he iphone 6 since ive a ipad too. getting the same battery life on a 6 with the same use . ( its strange)

package disabler did so much but wasn't 100%

Soldato
Did you try gsam as suggested by Big Elf?

It'll tell you 1. if something is using a lot of battery and 2. if the phone is actually dozing, which is the mode it should go in to after a while of complete inactivity and will save a ton of battery.

Soldato
The problem with Android is that every single app is able to keep your phone awake by default.
I have a custom ROM on my phone with Privacy Guard on and I have to go through every app and uncheck "keep your device awake"
Screenshot_20160912-112606_zps0hbwr7wg.png

It's ridiculous really.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Never understand hwo people get crazy battery usage from facebook, mine has never even shown up on the top ten items...

Back
Top Bottom