**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Associate
Seriously considering one of these!

Would owners here recommend or dissuade?

I have been waiting for the new Nexus, but this seems like a lot more phone for the money!

Also, is the charging cable a standard USB fitting at the plug end and is it worth ordering a second official one with the phone or are there decent third party ones?

Currently using a Moto X Play (which will replace my wife's iPhone 5c when I upgrade) and previously had a Nexus 5.

I'm actually excited about the OnePlus 3, but sadly not about the 2016 Nexus/Pixel...

Soldato
It is my backup purchase should my 6P die. Recently bought one for the wife and truth be told it is a bargain. It feels a lot faster than my 6P, charges quicker and is smoother in use. The camera is no where near as good though and decent screen protectors don't exist just yet.

Soldato
Soldato
What screen protectors and cases are people using with this? Heard a lot of them don't work well together.

Using the official OP3 sandstone case which I really like, keeps it nice and thin and adds plenty of grip.

Haven't put a screen protector on yet, still got the one it ships with on until I'm ready to change. If I do, I'll probably go with the curved tempered glass protector on the OP3 site.

Soldato
Pushed the buy button tonight.
Was going to wait for a redmi note 4 but lots of issues with 800mhz not compatible and some apps not working so gone for the opo3.
Should be here by thursdsy :)

Ordered the orzly flexicase case to protect it.

Soldato
Using the official OP3 sandstone case which I really like, keeps it nice and thin and adds plenty of grip.

Haven't put a screen protector on yet, still got the one it ships with on until I'm ready to change. If I do, I'll probably go with the curved tempered glass protector on the OP3 site.
The screen feels so much better naked. The glass is so smooth.

Soldato
Mine should arrive tomorrow, has anybody rooted it? I'll root but keep a stock rom

I'm tempted to root it so that I can put an adblocker on there, is it fairly easy and quick to do?
I've done all my phones previously and my Moto X was a ****ing ballache to root and put a custom rom on

Soldato
Moved from S6 Edge was has gotten so bad recently, barely lasted 2 hour screen time and was sluggish, sick of Samsung bloat and ugly ui.

Love the Oneplus for the price, cant really knock it, sure the Screen isn't as nice as the S6 but its blazing fast and minimalist and non bloated OS are great.

For my use i can get 6 hour screen time vs barely 2 from my S6

Associate
Finally pushed the buy button on the OP3 after being underwhelmed by the Nexus/Pixel leaks vs price (though I may regret it).

Any recommendations of cases (Spigen?) and TP screen protectors that fit well?

Soldato
Finally pushed the buy button on the OP3 after being underwhelmed by the Nexus/Pixel leaks vs price (though I may regret it).

Any recommendations of cases (Spigen?) and TP screen protectors that fit well?

I have this case which is a nice fit and offers good protection. I recommend not to get a screen protector as it degrades the feel too much.

I'm usually go without a case, but have it around just 'incase' I need it when doing something that warrants it like a day out snapping lots of pics.

Case is easy to slip and on take off, unlike the Nillkin snap case.

Soldato
The screen feels so much better naked. The glass is so smooth.

I almost removed it last night, but stopped myself. There was a time when all my phones were naked, including case. But I generally keep them covered now in order to retain their value and make them easier to sell... but still so tempted to remove it. It just doesn't feel nice to the touch and is a greasy fingerprint magnet.

Soldato
I almost removed it last night, but stopped myself. There was a time when all my phones were naked, including case. But I generally keep them covered now in order to retain their value and make them easier to sell... but still so tempted to remove it. It just doesn't feel nice to the touch and is a greasy fingerprint magnet.

YOLO dude! YOLO!!

:D

Associate
Cheers for the above thoughts.
I'm a big fan of going naked too*, but hearing the OP3 can be a bit slippery in the hand so figured a case would add some grip when out and about. I'll pick up a cheap clear case so generally use, and maybe a rugged Spigen for jaunts to the beach, etc.

Not a fan of screen protectors either (they never fit properly for me), so happy with leaving it alone as long as it doesn't scratch easily.

*and the phone.

Back
Top Bottom