Barclay Card Users - That Experion Credit Score

Soldato
To all those here that have a Barclay Card... have you tried the free Experion credit score feature?

Does it just report back 999 for you?

I am wondering if there is an issue with this service, as myself and a guy at work seem to have pretty much perfect scores. I know I am good, but he knows he has had an issue in the past and noddle shows that up with a just over 600 score, where as I have a high 6xx score.

Commissario
There is not really any such thing as a "credit score" as all the companies use their own way of calculating risks, although the likes of the experian or clearscore ones can be useful indicators.

Mine sits around 960 from memory, which is amusing for me.

Soldato
Noddle score is out of 700, so a high 600 would be pretty close to an Experian 999.

I recently got my Experian credit report, 907 which was a pleasant surprise. Although I've never made a late payment or missed a payment in my entire life, the sheer volume of credit I have it dragging it down some!

Caporegime
There is not really any such thing as a "credit score" as all the companies use their own way of calculating risks, although the likes of the experian or clearscore ones can be useful indicators.

Mine sits around 960 from memory, which is amusing for me.

This. My score is poor due to a 3 year old credit card default, but my history over the last 2 years has been perfect. I'm accepted for interest free credit. They obviously look more at my recent payment history and seeing as my default is quite old, are ignoring it, along with my 'credit score'.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Just did the clearscore test and scored 423.

A couple of years ago I applied for an agreement in principle with the bank and they said my rating was near perfect.

The only thing thats changed since then is that I've taken a CC to use for business expenses. It hovers around 1-1.5k a month but is paid off from expense returns.
Gutted if that's the cause.

Soldato
Doesn't even work me. Despite having an Experian account, none of the credit history checkers that are based on Experian work for me.

The equifax and call credit ones work just fine though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Another 999 on the BC app - though i expect a high score, i dont expect the perfect 999.

In regards to clearscore, full of adverts and stuff about sharing my details put me off.

Associate
I was 600 odd at first on the barclaycard website. It then jumped to 974 next update and hasn't moved since. Not too bad as my wife has (iirc) an IVA from a few years ago before we married

FluffySheep

Back
Top Bottom