old counter strike players?

Caporegime
Is 1.6 OK or do people recommend one of the earlier builds?

I remember playing the first, if not one of the first few alpha builds.

What I remember most is the shopping thing between rounds, not sure that type mechanic existed in other games at the time?

There was only 1 map too, all I remember is a house in the middle, and a car blocking a gate? maybe a junkyard?

Not sure.....cs_assault? Or cs_italy maybe?

1.6 will probably be the easiest to join servers....possibly some 1.3 builds being played still I guess.

Soldato
The only other game more addictive than CS 1.3 for me was Wow vanilla :)

I tried play 1.6 the other day but i dunno what res to play it at, at 4k the crosshair is so thin i cant even see it, 1080p doesnt look too bad but i was always a 640x480 player all the way till i stopped playing when WoW came out. I would like a res that devides into 4k so it looks crisp 960x540 would be right for my monitor i guess but i cant seem to choose that res.

Associate
Started in 1.3 on Oil rig of all maps. The ememydown ladder and league were my best memories of online gaming. also the demon servers!

My clans were Cult_of, Yegods and [suck]. and we did suck :p

Cult_of qu1k

Associate
Wow, so much love for this thread. I originally started on tfc then moved on to cs 1.0 when it was released on retail after reading about it in pc zone magazine. basically played on a lot of the servers people here have mentioned pc zone, jolt, multiplay, barrysworld, another one I remember is game2xs which I've not seen anyone mention I don't think.
I Was in a clan we did the usual Clanbase and enemydown we were called Acehigh but our clan leader kept changing our name sporadically so we never really established ourselves even though we were decent players.

I find myself reminiscing a lot about the "good ole days" there was something special
about that time and I don't think it's through rose tinted glasses either. Communities
and friendships developed and you could just spend hours on the same server and time would fly.

Oh and if you think 1.6 looked **** then get this installed
http://gamebanana.com/skins/123015
1.6 > 1.5 skin pack, for nostalgias sake, plus that 1,6 knife skin looked crap imo.

Did anyone hang out on #4kings.radio? I used to love them phone pranks, also all the drum n bass mixes they did were mint. I've still got a mix from back then in my car by Dj Kemistry.

Anyway I found some of the 4kings.radio on youtube, never thought I'd hear them again!

DJ Oscar doing CS SEX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0KeUBv1Y0c

Dave

Last edited:
Soldato
Whats this thing i see people doing in CS nowadays, they seem to be just sliding down a slope constantly. I just happened to see someone streaming last week and he was playing CS in the background and just sliding down slopes looked very strange and a bit boring but he seemed to like it.

Soldato
I stopped playing when they released Source,

It was so broken and unplayable I just packed up there and then and never touched it again.

Back
Top Bottom