Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
My 7+ is now here. Activation server connection failed for the first attempt and worked on the second, took a very long time though!

EDIT: New activation process is much better. It updates to the correct version of iOS before restoring the icloud backup from my previous 6S+.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

How is the new home button? That's my biggest concern and something I'll have to consider if Apple stick with the taptic design going forward.

Soldato
The home button works well. The haptic feedback mechanism gives feedback when you press your finger down and then lift it up. The feedback response for each movement is different too as your would expect from pressing the button and then letting go. The attention to detail just for this feedback is extreme. Hats off to Apple even though they do my head in at the same time!

Soldato
I went to get mines (they had swapped it for me to the right colour on the system) but something had went wrong with the reservation.

I have to go again later towards end of the day once they have fulfilled the reservations. Grrr

Associate
Went in for my 10:45 appointment for the upgrade program, was in there an hour and a half as they were having issues with the Barclays application system, ended up paying outright and got a free iPhone 7 silicone case for the inconvenience.

Chuffed with the phone, I actually like the home button!

Associate
Got my matte black 7 this morning. Restored from back up, still downloading/loading all the apps.

Home button, pretty cool actually. When you apply pressure the haptic response makes it feel more like the whole phone presses in, or there's a gap between the phone and the case..

Soldato
How is the new home button? That's my biggest concern and something I'll have to consider if Apple stick with the taptic design going forward.

Did you read John Gruber's review? He said that he didn't like it but his explanation for why Apple changed it was interesting. Apparently no-one in Asia was using the home button because there was a perception that it broke easily (and thus hurt the phone's resale price).

Soldato

fez

fez

Caporegime
The haptics on the new touchpads is utterly amazing. I would challenge anyone to tell that they are not clicking a physical button. Like many others I have turned it off and on again a few times to make sure its real.

Glad to hear that the new solid state button on the 7 is good from you guys. Reviews were not very keen on it for the most part.

Associate
Firstly this 'tier' nonsense just clouds the issue

No it doesn't ! Entry level ( excluding the SE ) iPhone has gone up from £539 to £599. Increase to 32GB should have happened years ago and doesn't account for the price difference. The exchange rate fluctuations could easily have been absorbed considering their profit margins.

But it is Apple we are talking about so nobody should be surprised !

Soldato

I think it's fine, got mine on the lightest setting and it feels like pressing a button.. sort of. It activates fine when the screen is off, the click does feel a little like its across the whole bottom of the phone but not irritatingly so.

Its nice!

Soldato
You would think they would have had the courage to do away with the home button by now and make the foot print of the phone smaller.

Colleague just showed me his new 7+ and is as big as my Nexus 6! Did look nice in Jet black though. :)

fez

fez

Caporegime
You would think they would have had the courage to do away with the home button by now and make the foot print of the phone smaller.

Colleague just showed me his new 7+ and is as big as my Nexus 6! Did look nice in Jet black though. :)

lol, I don't know any iphone users that want to remove the home button. Its horrible using a phone without one. How would you do touchID as well?

Associate
Picked up my black 7 a bit ago, really nice so far - The downside is the new silicone cases are a bag of nails, the corner of mine split whilst putting it on :/

iPhone-Case.jpg

Back
Top Bottom