What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
OK I'll try a few types of watch strap. ;)

If I Google 'watch bracelet' the first four results say 'watch straps', and a little further down one is titled 'watch bracelets' but the website is straps4watches.co.uk. :p

The category on Amazon/etc is also 'watch straps'!

Fussy boots.

Quite like the look of the black Ocean 1 with the black and grey Nato ... bracelet. :p
The ocean one black DLC does look good on a NATO.

Strap was bought for about £6.00 on the bay. Though this watch runs about +5 seconds per day compared to +2 on my ocean green. Both ETA 2824-2 elabore movements. Still well within margin for both.

Soldato
Fitbit surge pretty much 24/7. Although shortly before getting my Fitbit, I bought a silver and Blue 'smart' (to me) watch which I just never wear. Plan to change this soon as that for example as soon as my working day finishes I'll change to my nice watch. Seems such a shame to not wear my nice one :(

Associate
Been looking for a dress watch recently, I like the Longines Master collection and the Hamilton Jazzmaster

Realistically I don't have the cash spare for those right now but I came across a review of the Orient Bambino last night. Looks great for the money, has anyone got one or had experience of them? It will fill a gap for me until I can splash out on something a bit nicer

Or any alternatives for dress watches that don't cost too much? I'm quite keen on having an automatic movement rather than quartz which I suppose limits my options slightly

Associate
The wife got me a Rotary Skeleton for a wedding present a few weeks back.
IMG_20160920_090721.jpg

Caporegime
Been looking for a dress watch recently, I like the Longines Master collection and the Hamilton Jazzmaster

Realistically I don't have the cash spare for those right now but I came across a review of the Orient Bambino last night. Looks great for the money, has anyone got one or had experience of them? It will fill a gap for me until I can splash out on something a bit nicer

Or any alternatives for dress watches that don't cost too much? I'm quite keen on having an automatic movement rather than quartz which I suppose limits my options slightly

It's a good watch, you won't be disappointed. The only downside is that the strap is a bit rubbish but you can sort that for £20.

Soldato
Has anyone been lucky enough to get their hands on a ceramic Daytona yet?

Such a pretty watch. I recall someone offering to buy them at hugely inflated prices as the demand was so high, so they could then flip them on to their waiting list.

If I'd ordered one, I would certainly have done that (but the average retail Daytona buyer may not bother)! The supply will steady out eventually.

Associate
I've been lucky enough to inherit an Omega 6B/159 and in the short term am looking to put it on a Nato strap.

There seems to be a huge range, so can someone recommend a good quality one for someone with very girly wrists?!?

Soldato
Such a pretty watch. I recall someone offering to buy them at hugely inflated prices as the demand was so high, so they could then flip them on to their waiting list.

If I'd ordered one, I would certainly have done that (but the average retail Daytona buyer may not bother)! The supply will steady out eventually.

A friend in the UK said the waiting list there is 5+ years.. That's outrageous! I'm waiting for one here in NZ but they haven't given an estimate yet. How much are they going for second hand in the UK? There's one being offered for 17.5NZD here which seems reasonable.

Soldato
Has anyone been lucky enough to get their hands on a ceramic Daytona yet?

Yes, I was able to buy a black face @ slightly above the UK retail.
Wore it for a little over a week during which period I traveled 3 continents, friends and accosiates were offering me almost twice what I paid for it.

So I ended up flipping it for an AP 15450 & a Rolex Sub ceramic (both new & unworn)
No regrets as I really wanted (& still want) a white face ceramic Daytona.

I'll wait for the hype to die down a bit and try my luck with one of my trusted suppliers.

Soldato
So I ended up flipping it for an AP 15450 & a Rolex Sub ceramic (both new & unworn)

Thats redonkulous, the AP on its own is worth more than the Daytona. You just got the Sub as a free gift.

Congrats on your flip, you done extremely well out of it.

I given up asking every dealer if they are getting any Daytona's in, its a rhetorical question. But rumors are they aren't rare and dealers are off loading them directly to resellers for massive profits.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, I was able to buy a black face @ slightly above the UK retail.
Wore it for a little over a week during which period I traveled 3 continents, friends and accosiates were offering me almost twice what I paid for it.

I'll wait for the hype to die down a bit and try my luck with one of my trusted suppliers.

That is excellent - very nice going indeed! As you say, the hype will die down, and you'll still come out grinning (more than those with just their Daytonas!).

Back
Top Bottom