**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Soldato
I have to say, I must have a dud battery or something? As the battery on this is terrible.
Had it for a couple months now, can barely get through a full day without having to top it up and I barely use it. Just the usual few phone calls, texts, check websites etc, zero videos or games.
Love the phone, wish it had a better battery.

Soldato
Rather than do that I would factory reset it, and don't install anything else. If it still crashes after that, take it back. Problem with flashing firmware you get off the internet is they can often tell when you've been meddling worth it, in the form of counters and unlocked boot loaders etc... And may use it as an excuse to get out of a warranty claim.

Basically, if it crashes with nothing installed then the problem is the phone, end of. Experience has taught me this as I've been there before.

Doing that now then, will install a couple of key apps and leave it over night, if it crashes ill take it in to Carphone Warehouse tomorrow.

kbc

kbc

Associate
I've recently upgraded my S7 to 6.0.1, is this normal for "Android system" to take up over 20%?

I seem to think the battery is depleting quicker.

Screenshot_20160916_193219_2.png

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Rumour is that they are now fasttracking the Galaxy S8 to vent off some of the steam left by the Note 7 fiasco. Let's face it, the whole situation will never leave the Note 7's name, and Samsung will want to leave it all behind as quick as possible. It's already cost them billions of dollars for the recall alone.

If this is the case, then I'm hoping they don't rush out the S8 with missing features that would have otherwise been in it.

Soldato
Well I might have an issue,

Put my phone on charge last night and it only charged to 80% and was very hot, unplugged and rebooted it and it charged to 100%.

I was using it at work and it took abit of a fit ( wouldn't come on and acted slow but I thought nothing of it)

Plugged it in to charge tonight and now this

IMG_0239.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I might have an issue,

Put my phone on charge last night and it only charged to 80% and was very hot, unplugged and rebooted it and it charged to 100%.

I was using it at work and it took abit of a fit ( wouldn't come on and acted slow but I thought nothing of it)

Plugged it in to charge tonight and now this

IMG_0239.png

Has the phone been near water at all?

Also try moving the USB cable around a little. You may find it charges in certain angles

Soldato
Good result mate. Fingers crossed it's rock solid now

Got another ultimate shield to put on, giving it tonight with all my apps on to ensure its solid, then ill apply it touch wood this time must say i was very impressed with that shield btw, looked very good and sensitivity went back to perfect !

Soldato
Got another ultimate shield to put on, giving it tonight with all my apps on to ensure its solid, then ill apply it touch wood this time must say i was very impressed with that shield btw, looked very good and sensitivity went back to perfect !

The edges can be bit fiddly to stick down, just have to be patient. Once it dries over 3 days its perfect

Soldato
Rumour is that they are now fasttracking the Galaxy S8 to vent off some of the steam left by the Note 7 fiasco. Let's face it, the whole situation will never leave the Note 7's name, and Samsung will want to leave it all behind as quick as possible. It's already cost them billions of dollars for the recall alone.

Fact is it will never leave Samsungs name, not just the Note 7.

And I have my doubts that the S8 will be fast tracked.

Soldato
No point fast tracking it, lots of brands have made mistakes over time least Samsung are dealing with the note best they can. People will still continue to buy Samsung phones regardless and id sooner them get the S8 right and within normal time than rushing it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just found that "Good Lock" pretty incredible that, very much like stock android, is there a way to select apps which can be used with out unlocking the phone ? thats my only niggle

Back
Top Bottom