Which brand has the best customer service /after sales /warranty policy?

Soldato
So, my s7 edge had been with Samsung for 3 weeks now with a repair needed to the charging port.

I handed it in to Manchester city centre Samsung store who operate under cpw and Still no sign of it being fixed as they are waiting for parts.

Not overly impressed with the whole experience and has got me thinking which company's other than Apple have a good repair policy, ie on the spot exchange (in store online) or a decent turn around for repairs guaranteed.

Finding it unacceptable that a buying a flagship S series phone and taking up to now 3 weeks to fix.

I love the edge but this has really making me think twice about buying a Samsung again.

Maybe this is just an isolated case for me but not happy about it. Email to ceo has made no effect on the situation, not even a reply.

Does one really need to move to Apple to receive the best after sales?

Associate
Apple without doubt none of the others compare.
Having said that in all the years i've had Android phones i've never had to deal with any CS for repairs.That includes Sony,Samsung,LG,HTC,Oneplus.

Associate
Buy a phone from a retailer who don't rely on all their sales/profits coming from phones e.g. John Lewis.

Our Sony TV soundbar (free with TV offer) stopped working a few weeks ago, just over a year old and they gave full refund without even inspecting the faulty one. They did offer to send it for repair but also gave the option for full refund. We then used the money towards a new LG G4 for son's birthday from JL again.

Soldato
When I had a original HTC one HTC were terrible for repairs and the phone went back twice as it came back in worse condition that it went. Motorola on the other hand were very good the once I used them and the phone was back as new condition in under a week.

Soldato
Buy a phone from a retailer who don't rely on all their sales/profits coming from phones e.g. John Lewis.

Not really a good example considering their latest financial reporting... :p

I've only had the experience of a broken phone with Apple. My iPhone 5's power button broke after almost 2 years use. They replaced it there and then in the store with a new phone, even though I actually got it through Carphone Warehouse on Vodafone.

But to me that says 2 things: great service... but the button shouldn't have broke in the first place. I've never had any other phone develop a fault.

Associate
Samsung store who operate under cpw

That's most likely the problem. Interestingly they appear to have closed a lot of the service centers to phones. Previously there was a repair centre in Hulme operated by Martin Dawes that did repairs in around 24 hours.

Maybe an as public as possible facebook/twitter post might get you a new one in a few minutes ;)

Soldato
Sony care is pretty good, HTC as well. Samsung is dead average. Apple is generally better for consumers but this is in part due to the high cost of ownership and of the device - you pay more, you get more.

Associate
Officially though, over here in the Netherlands Apple only give you one year warranty. The second year has to come from the store you buy it at (cause they sell their Apple Care warranty).

Huawei offer their VIP service which is pretty epic. If you register your phone for the VIP service within 30 days of buying it you get a 3 year manufacturer warranty instead of 2. Also within the first 3 months, if your phone has faulty hardware they'll just replace it rather than repairing. If you break your screen within the first 3 months you get one free screen replacement. They even have a spare parts price index for stuff outside warranty which is a great thing imo (and apparently a full P9 display + touch screen replacement is only 70 quid. A new battery is £9).

On the UK site it does still say you have to send your phone to a Huawei service center, but I can only assume that they are working to start doing over there what they do over here; They come pick the phone up from your house, repair it within a week and drop it back off at your house. Pretty impressive for such a 'cheap' brand tbh.
http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/uk/vipservice/index.html

Google also seems like a solid option.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
just had a call from Samsung store, first one in 3 weeks

they say there are others waiting for s7 edge parts too and looks like they will not get the parts in before the 28 days is up

they are about to write to head office to start the ball rolling on getting replacements authorised.

it will be 4 weeks on Sunday.

Soldato
Certainly not Wileyfox. We sent our Storm for screen repair over 2 months ago and we've had no updates since. I believe SBE UK ltd handle their repairs, but I gave up trying to contact them after 40 minutes on hold. I have nagged on Twitter and Facebook but that doesn't seem to achieve anything. They have no phone support ATM too. I'm lost for words!

Soldato
OP
Certainly not Wileyfox. We sent our Storm for screen repair over 2 months ago and we've had no updates since. I believe SBE UK ltd handle their repairs, but I gave up trying to contact them after 40 minutes on hold. I have nagged on Twitter and Facebook but that doesn't seem to achieve anything. They have no phone support ATM too. I'm lost for words!

no way, not good at all!

i believe Sony use SBE for their repairs too, heard lots of mixed reviews about them

Back
Top Bottom