**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
I wish Xiaomi would bring out a phone smaller than 5". The Redmi 3 should have stayed at 4.7" like the Redmi 2 ideally, with a smaller battery.

Don't get me wrong, the Redmi 3 is a great phone (especially for the £106 I paid for it) and isn't too big but I still find myself wanting a smaller phone like the iPhone SE, Sony Z5 Compact, etc.

Associate
Hey guys, just looking for a bit of advice here.

Looking to get the girlfriend a new phone for Christmas and read a little about the Chinese phones, but I'm not sure what would be best for the money. Budget is probably about £100.

She uses the net, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, watches videos, plays Pokemon.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Associate
I've been a Samsung note user for years. I am intrigued by these Chinese phones though. Where are people buying them from? Direct from manufacturers in china or what?

Soldato

Looking to get the girlfriend a new phone for Christmas and read a little about the Chinese phones, but I'm not sure what would be best for the money. Budget is probably about £100.

Might be a little hard at that price mate, if you could up your budget a little might help. You could get the 2GB ram 16GB rom Redmi note 3 with a flip case and delivery via DHL for £132.83, that's the price today of a little cheaper you could het the redmi 3s. It's worth checking Youtube reviews etc.

Thanks!

I've been a Samsung note user for years. I am intrigued by these Chinese phones though. Where are people buying them from? Direct from manufacturers in china or what?

As above mate, a lot of people including me have bought from Top One On Ali Express, a very good seller.

Soldato

Thanks!

Might be a little hard at that price mate, if you could up your budget a little might help. You could get the 2GB ram 16GB rom Redmi note 3 with a flip case and delivery via DHL for £132.83, that's the price today of a little cheaper you could get the redmi 3s. It's worth checking Youtube reviews etc.

As above mate, a lot of people including me have bought from Top One On Ali Express, a very good seller.

Associate
Wanderer89, you should also think about what network she uses. 99% of Xioami phones don't use band 20 (800mhz) 4g. That means it won't get 4g with any network using O2 or Vodafone, I.e giffgaff.

Associate
Wanderer89, you should also think about what network she uses. 99% of Xioami phones don't use band 20 (800mhz) 4g. That means it won't get 4g with any network using O2 or Vodafone, I.e giffgaff.

This is not true o2/giffgaff now in lot of cities offer 4g using different band.

Soldato
The Honor 8 got delivered today. Having had the Honor 7 for the best part of 9 months the device is leaps and bounds over its predecessor. The screen is vibrant and the colours pop. It's more like an AMOLED screen, the device is insanely fast and hasn't exhibited any of the occasional slow downs that the Kirin 935 exhibited.

It looks great as well and is really well built - yes it costs way more than last years model but this device will suffice as performance wise it's superb and I really don't mind EMUI, just slap on Nova and it'll get rid of the iOS look.

In my short time with the device I'm really liking it.

Associate
A note about top one, my redmi note 3's fingerprint reader has never worked 2 weeks have gone by and apart from being told to flash this rom and that rom, factory reset, bla bla bla, they have been no help at all. So it would appear that as long as you do not get a faulty product you are ok.

Associate
Might be a little hard at that price mate, if you could up your budget a little might help. You could get the 2GB ram 16GB rom Redmi note 3 with a flip case and delivery via DHL for £132.83, that's the price today of a little cheaper you could get the redmi 3s. It's worth checking Youtube reviews etc.

Yeah that shouldn't be a problem, would that be alright for her then do you think?

I realised after posting that I hadn't included that! She's with Three at the minute so not sure if that alters things at all.

Soldato
I am with 3 and the 4G signal is poo were I live but 3G is still fast. Check out reviews before you commit as it might not be for her. MIUI is not for every one lol.

Associate
I am with 3 and the 4G signal is poo were I live but 3G is still fast. Check out reviews before you commit as it might not be for her. MIUI is not for every one lol.

I will do. Had a quick look last night, there are so many different ones, I don't know what I'm looking at :p

It's quite difficult trying to get her something without knowing if it's too big or whether she'll like it :p

Associate
I'm looking for a sanity check; I need a new phone. I like the Redmi Note 4, but people are saying wait for the global rom (whatever that is). I don't like waiting and see that people are still saying positive things about the Redmi Note 3 Pro. Would I be daft buying the latter at this point?

Back
Top Bottom