Accident - Dunno What To Do

Associate
OP
Calling their insurance was the worst decision. They aren't even answering the calls to them. They send letter and called 2 different numbers (one being the one I used to contact the guy at fault), neither him nor his wife (policy holder) are answering calls to their own insurance. I didn't even know this was a possible loophole until now.

Man of Honour
Calling their insurance was the worst decision. They aren't even answering the calls to them. They send letter and called 2 different numbers (one being the one I used to contact the guy at fault), neither him nor his wife (policy holder) are answering calls to their own insurance. I didn't even know this was a possible loophole until now.

Surely in that case in goes in your favour job done.

Sgarrista
Commissario

Surely it cant be? There has to be a reasonable time frame or something. Ring their insurance up, and tell them you want it sorted now or you'll take it via a claims management company and force the bill up into the thousands for doing so...

Soldato
Its your word against no ones now. You win.

You should hope they carry on ignoring their own insurance company.

Tell them you need your own car repaired now. If not you will be instructing a claims management company to do repair now and claim back later (reality is that a claims management company won't be taking this on as they want clear evidence of liability).

Always happens that in the heat of the moment people think they would rather pay out if their own pocket. Always go through insurance. It is there not only to pay out but also be convenient. How much time have you wasted on this OP?

Last edited:

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I had this scenario happen with an accident. The other party could not be contacted by the insurance company so the insurance co paid out to me, with the condition that it was not an admission of fault, just a settlement.

Was fine for me!

Associate
What an absolute moron, all this hassle because he wanted to knock you down £25? I wonder what this is going to cost in the long run?

Your car more than likely wont get repaired now as the insurance company will likely write this off. You can buy them for circa £400 and the repair cost is in that ball park.

Have the insurance look at the car and start the ball rolling regarding a payout, they'll probably agree to letting you fix it by your own means for a few hundred quid.

Associate
OP
To be honest best case scenario would probably be a write off so long as they let me keep the car until I buy a new one. It's just wasting too much time (since 13th Aug), and my policy runs out on the 30th Oct (I pay annually) - so if it is a write off I need to find and buy a new car before then and insure it for the following year.

Their insurance mentioned something about moving onto the next stage 14 days after they sent fault-guy a letter. I kind of lost track of the details though I will ring them up again.

Back
Top Bottom