What "man jobs" have you done today?

Caporegime
Removed 3 large balls of bamboo roots + plants, which some idiot had planted near the house, replaced with weed matting, gravel + Chimenea.

Just ordered some wood to build a decking area for the Hot Tub, so that will be next weekends job.

Soldato
Bought a chimney liner brush and swept chimney from top - topped up the vermiculite round liner and flue pipe - cemented between liner and flue to stop water ingress.

Took a flower pot full of soot from out of woodburner (half a bucket) and cleaned out woodburner - All ready for winter now.

Got a bungalow - wouldn't do this on my old house as it was to high.

Need to do another log run as backup.

Roll on winter and loads of snow.

Soldato
Bought a chimney liner brush and swept chimney from top - topped up the vermiculite round liner and flue pipe - cemented between liner and flue to stop water ingress.

Took a flower pot full of soot from out of woodburner (half a bucket) and cleaned out woodburner - All ready for winter now.

Got a bungalow - wouldn't do this on my old house as it was to high.

Need to do another log run as backup.

Roll on winter and loads of snow.

Where do you get your logs from? Last year I had 2m3 from Good Wood Stock in Prees. This will be our first full winter with the log burner, so not sure how quick we'll go through it...

Soldato
Superb work, GSXRMovistar, looks great. Wish I had the skill to do that.
Honestly just a case of watching a few YouTube videos and picking up the basics.

Yeah that decking looks awesome. I bet you were glad to have an impact driver and a separate drill, instead of swapping bits over all day.
It was the fact that I had multiple batteries which made me glad, all those screws/bolts drained them quickly so being able to use one while the other was charging was very handy.

I also treated myself to a new mitre saw (nothing fancy) which aided swift progress http://www.screwfix.com/p/evolution-rage3-fp2552-255mm-compound-mitre-saw-230v/26612#_=p

Soldato
Where do you get your logs from? Last year I had 2m3 from Good Wood Stock in Prees. This will be our first full winter with the log burner, so not sure how quick we'll go through it...

I am in Prees but when we go to Telford I take trailer and get a load from Taff's the fence place in St Georges - It's 40 quid a ton now but it's soft wood. -I get 360kg on trailer so about 12 quid a load.

The soot from chimney was pure dust -no tar balls or anything so it's burning well - I have tried burning hard and soft wood at same time and it's usually hard wood that burns through first.

Nathan from gypsy camp going out past school sells logs so does Reeves of Wem.

Do you live just down from PO in Prees - saw some guy had huge load of Oak last year.

Soldato
I am in Prees but when we go to Telford I take trailer and get a load from Taff's the fence place in St Georges - It's 40 quid a ton now but it's soft wood. -I get 360kg on trailer so about 12 quid a load.

The soot from chimney was pure dust -no tar balls or anything so it's burning well - I have tried burning hard and soft wood at same time and it's usually hard wood that burns through first.

Nathan from gypsy camp going out past school sells logs so does Reeves of Wem.

Do you live just down from PO in Prees - saw some guy had huge load of Oak last year.

Cheers. We're near Market Drayton so wasn't us. Our load got tipped on the drive (it's gravel, so no pallets) - Mrs Chri5 moved about 70% of it before I got home from work :D

Soldato
Chri5

Some local log sellers

N. Roberts 01948841044

Bill on 07718 655998 (Prees) 2m cubed 90 quid

Reeves of Wem 01939 232440

I feel you can never have enough logs in store.

Associate
Put in a new integrated fridge/freezer as the one that was in when we moved in wouldn't get cold enough (I did change the temp settings)

Never again, maneuvering that into place was a right pain.

Caporegime
Made a lift for a truck cap in the garage this evening. Hopefully we can now lower and lift it on and off the back of the pickup and store it above head height when not in use (most of the time. Just need to screw a few more eyelets into the ceiling and make four straps as an extra safety measure in case the hoists break!

Associate
jacked the car up got it on axle stands, stripped the front end off it to do the timing belt ( Audi A4 tdi ) and ordered a new steering rack as the old one has a leak from the end..

will replace the timing belt and water pump tomorrow and strip the old rack off.
new rack should come Friday so will fit the new rack Friday and build the front end back up.

Back
Top Bottom