• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA 1060 6GB SC availability?

Soldato
Hey peeps,

Just wondering if there's any news on getting these cards in? Been out of stock for a week now with no ETA... were they a paper launch, or just rare as rocking horse poop?

Struggling a bit with my current card and could really do with sourcing a replacement soon. Would prefer to buy from OCUK if there's a plan to get some in, but can't wait forever ^^;

Cheers!

Associate
Hey peeps,

Just wondering if there's any news on getting these cards in? Been out of stock for a week now with no ETA... were they a paper launch, or just rare as rocking horse poop?

Struggling a bit with my current card and could really do with sourcing a replacement soon. Would prefer to buy from OCUK if there's a plan to get some in, but can't wait forever ^^;

Cheers!

Next batch should arrive on Wednesday next week with OCUK.

Thanks
Ben

Soldato
OP
Next batch should arrive on Wednesday next week with OCUK.

Sweet, thanks Ben, I can wait that long :)

You not able to buy on order and it'll be sent when it comes in OP? The other EVGA card is in stock, only 100mhz slower, just overclock it yourself and save a few quid and time too :)

From the research I did, the SC has an upgraded heatsink over the basic - more heatpipes or some such. Maybe xD

And tbh, I refuse to pre-order anything without an ETA ^^;

Associate
Sweet, thanks Ben, I can wait that long :)

From the research I did, the SC has an upgraded heatsink over the basic - more heatpipes or some such. Maybe xD

And tbh, I refuse to pre-order anything without an ETA ^^;

That is true, the extra money is 100% worth it. Avoid the cheaper one at all costs, it has a very cheap heatsink (from a gtx 950) and thermal throttles easily. Do not buy, it is a massively inferior card and is not even worth considering. Also ignore the advertised boost clock (on the SC version) mine easily gets to just under 2ghz with no issue. Temps around 60c with fan at 40% (which is quiet).

Last edited:
Soldato
You not able to buy on order and it'll be sent when it comes in OP? The other EVGA card is in stock, only 100mhz slower, just overclock it yourself and save a few quid and time too :)

Not that simple. The SC version has a different / better heatsink. So it's not just a case of 'overclocking it yourself'. I'm waiting on the same card (or perhaps one of the EVGA dual fan 1060s if they are released anytime soon).

Associate
I managed to get one, it's a great card. With Pascal because of GPU boost 3.0 the card boosts to about 2ghz as people have said. But it only does this if the temperature is not too high so forget clock speeds, it's all about picking the best cooling solution so you can stay at 2ghz as much as possible.

Soldato
In answer to the OP's original question, OcUK has these in stock at the moment, and I have just ordered one! :)

It does look as if they are selling fast though, as they are now down to their last five or so!

Soldato
OP
In answer to the OP's original question, OcUK has these in stock at the moment, and I have just ordered one! :)

I noticed (I may have been watching obsessively) and snuck in with 20 minutes left on next-day-delivery yesterday :) Naturally it's due half an hour after I wanted to go home... nevermind, it can sit at reception until morning :p

And yeah, you can tell a good product because you can't keep it on the shelf.

*edit* Wow, it's out of stock already!

Last edited:
Soldato
When I checked late yesterday afternoon they were showing more than 10 in stock.

At supper time they were down to 8, so I thought I had better place my order pronto... which I did!

At bed-time stock was down to 5, and as you say, they are all gone this morning!

He who hesitates... etc. etc.

P.S. I see in the second post in this thread Ben advised us that a batch was due in on Wednesday, (today) so it looks as if they arrived a day early.... unless of course he is expecting some more today! :)

Soldato
OP
Obtained - and working no less! It's also really small vs my old 760 :D

37AWG1L.jpg

Horrible moment where the HDMI port did nothing - driver update resolved it. Another horrible moment where the DVI port did nothing - realised I was connecting a loose cable that didn't actually have a monitor on the end. I need to sort out the nerd-nest under my desk :(

Soldato
OP
That would certainly help :)

In my defence, I unplugged the DVI so's to use DP with the main screen. Then got confused which of the two unattached DVI cables belonged to the remaining screen :D Left the cable dangling there though, because I love a puzzle :p

Last edited:
Associate
Whenever they were previously out of stock, I always found that EVGA UK on twitter were very useful in telling me when they would next be in stock.

Their account is @TEAMEVGAUK

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom