Spec me 25k sporty car 300+bhp

OcUK Staff
Stretch that budget by a couple of grand and you might get into a nice, circa 2011 Boxster S.

I'm with Housey Boxster/Cayman S if handling is a priority. If power, more toys, comfort and epic soundtrack is more appealing it has to be an E9x M3, they are holding value very well now, so great time to buy one and with 25k you'd be able to buy from BMW with full warranty.

Or an E60 M5 if you want a missile, want no depreciation, just ensure it has BMW warranty as they can and do break and throw epic bills. Also be ready for 11mpg average! :D

Soldato
If you can forget RWD. Focus RS mk2 might be a good option. They are just not dropping in value at all, even high mileage ones.

Soldato
OP
Really don't want a Focus not for 25k!

Cayman/977 911/m235i/640d is what interests me so far. Cayman maybe the best bet i'll probably lose least on the 911 but it'll be very dated. Lost a lot on both BMW's the 640d is rather large also and the Cayman i'll lose a bit but not as much as the BMW': I bet although the 235i/640d will be more modern!

Soldato
I've been looking for a similar car for a while and done a whole lot of looking into various options, test driven 5+ cars of a similar class. Similar criteria to you too.

After lots of research and changing my mind too many times I should be picking up a 2011 e92 M3 this weekend for just above your target budget. :cool:

Soldato
OP
I've been looking for a similar car for a while and done a whole lot of looking into various options, test driven 5+ cars of a similar class. Similar criteria to you too.

After lots of research and changing my mind too many times I should be picking up a 2011 e92 M3 this weekend for just above your target budget. :cool:

What other cars were you considering?

Soldato
The E400 coupe (it's the newer facelift E class) might be worth a look. 2014 car could be had for around your budget with 333 BHP.

Or an S5.

With a similar set of criteria that's what I considered.

Soldato
What other cars were you considering?

Mainly an RS4 or an S5. I test drove both and a couple of M3s, and also looked at M5s.

I was leaning toward the S5 given how nice the interior's are (Audi's beat any other interior IMO) but figured after asking around it was basically a top of the range A5 whereas the M3 is a proper sports car, that will IMO be a classic in time The e92 is the last of the v8 engines so may over time appreciate, as is happening with the older E46 M3s now. The interior on the one I'm likely to buy on Saturday is plush - it's 2011 and doesn't feel dated at all. 2011 onwards (I think, Fox will shout if i'm wrong) you also get the newer iDrive which for me doesn't feel 5 years old at all.

Take one out, you know you want to. :D

Soldato
OP
You are kind of convincing me. The performance is there guaranteed and the fact it won't lose much value is the most tempting aspect really.

Man of Honour
The E400 coupe (it's the newer facelift E class)

No it's not - it's the previous generation model. They've just not got around to replacing the Coupe yet so everyone ordering a saloon gets the box fresh all new model and everyone ordering a coupe gets shafted with the old one for the same money :eek:

Soldato
[TW]Fox;30035890 said:
No it's not - it's the previous generation model. They've just not got around to replacing the Coupe yet so everyone ordering a saloon gets the box fresh all new model and everyone ordering a coupe gets shafted with the old one for the same money :eek:

My point was that a 14 plate E400 is the most recent E coupe and the facelift model, which is correct. I was also comparing it with the S5 and other £25k sporty coupes that are mostly last gen, or soon to be last gen. Is that fair?

Soldato
I had a slightly higher budget when looking earlier in the summer - between a 911 (997.1 S, dated tech and potential engine issues put me off), Lotus Evora S (more of an event to drive, but quite a bit more expensive and not many about) and the Cayman S I ended up with.

An Evora S will be a fair bit over £30k, but a gen 2 (2009 onwards) Cayman S should be within budget, loving mine so far :D.

Soldato
I had a slightly higher budget when looking earlier in the summer - between a 911 (997.1 S, dated tech and potential engine issues put me off), Lotus Evora S (more of an event to drive, but quite a bit more expensive and not many about) and the Cayman S I ended up with.

An Evora S will be a fair bit over £30k, but a gen 2 (2009 onwards) Cayman S should be within budget, loving mine so far :D.

Do you have the details of your Cayman?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

300+bhp would settle for a little less
RWD (More fun)
Not too old but willing to budge on this for something special
If I can avoid depreciation as much as possible great if not no big deal
Prefer manual but would go for an auto

A Caterham or Westfield meets all those requirements. A 200bhp Caterham/Westfield will feel like a 500bhp BMW.

Back
Top Bottom